Rapid Response Organizer
Organization: Scale for Change
Title: Rapid Response Organizer
Location: Remote, United States
Scale for Change, through the principles and practices of community organizing, scales and grows partner organizations to achieve their goals by organizing with, hiring from and building for the communities they serve.
Scale for Change envisions a world where people, including the most marginalized, can express their truest selves, imagine infinite possibilities and feel radical joy, vulnerability and empowerment.
Planned Parenthood Action Fund is partnering with Scale for Change to hire a rapid response organizer to drive turnout when the Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization Supreme Court of the United States ruling is issued. While the exact date is unknown, the decision is expected to be announced in late June 2022.
Scale for Change is seeking a highly motivated candidate to serve as Rapid Response Organizer. You will work in close coordination with Planned Parenthood Action Fund’s team to help drive state outreach in 5-6 states of supporters to turn out to local actions. In addition, this position will lead coalition outreach to secure turnout commitments of at least 5 in-state coalition partners.
Rapid Response Organizers report to the Program Director at the Scale for Change. Campaign elements might include direct supporter, contact, volunteer engagement, building coalitions, and planning or managing events like press conferences or rallies. The Rapid Response Organizer is tentatively scheduled to last through July 2, 2022.
Work may include:
- Working with Planned Parenthood Action Fund Regional Campaigns Director, Scale for Change Program Director, and local Planned Parenthood ancillary organizations to craft and hone outreach plans.
- Recruiting, training, and managing volunteers who will participate in phone banking, door-to-door canvassing, and community events such as house parties, town hall meetings, press conferences, or rallies.
- Engaging in direct constituent contact through high traffic canvassing, door-to-door canvasses, phone banks, and other campaign events.
- Executing a region-wide outreach program.
- Building coalition support through organizing partners.
- Generating public awareness and support through grassroots outreach.
- These positions are appropriate for mid-to-senior level organizers. Organizers must have completed at least one electoral or advocacy campaign.
- Candidates must have a knowledge of and strong commitment to progressive causes. Knowledge of reproductive health issues is a plus.
- Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills, experience meeting deadlines, and the ability to manage many tasks simultaneously and independently.
- Candidates must have strong communication skills.
- Experience managing and holding others responsible to quantitative and qualitative goals is a plus – especially experience managing volunteers or coalition partners.
- A general understanding of setting goals, selecting targets, and measuring progress are necessary.
- Experience with VAN database management.
- Proficiency with Google Docs and Excel is required.
- Reliable internet connection to ensure remote work that supports joining video meetings is required.
- The ability to drive your own vehicle or a rented vehicle is required.
- Travel for in-person organizing opportunities is required.
- Must be fully vaccinated (one dose of Johnson & Johnson/Janssen or two doses of Moderna or Pfizer-BioNTech).
There is no formal education requirement for this position.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time, exempt, senior-level position with Scale for Change, with an annual base salary between $60,000 - $65,000 depending on skills, experience, and qualifications. Full-time exempt employees are also eligible for a cell phone reimbursement up to $75/month, and employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance. This is a short-term position with an expected end date of July 2, 2022.
How to Apply:
Please apply on our website at www.knockdoors.org/jobs. We strongly encourage women, people of color, working-class, and LGBTQ people, as well as those with disabilities, to apply.
Scale for Change, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Scale for Change, LLC is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values quality, equity, innovation, transparency, bravery, and sustainability.
- Job Family Salaried Non-Manager
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Seasonal