Regional Data Manager
Organization: Scale for Change
Title: Regional Data Manager
Scale for Change, through the principles and practices of community organizing, scales and grows partner organizations to achieve their goals by organizing with, hiring from and building for the communities they serve.
Scale for Change envisions a world where people, including the most marginalized, can express their truest selves, imagine infinite possibilities and feel radical joy, vulnerability and empowerment.
Scale for Change (Scale) seeks an enthusiastic Regional Data Manager (RDM) to support Scale’s primary purpose and electoral outreach programs for a diverse set of clients. The Regional Data Manager will partner with in-state program staff to ensure they have the reports, organizing tools, and the technical support necessary to be successful.
The position is a mid-level role, reporting to the Deputy Data Director and supporting programs across multiple states. In this position, you will have the opportunity to fulfill the following functions:
- Reporting: Build and maintain reports on the program, operations, and compliance to the protocol based on templates.
- Analysis: Review and analyze both soft and hard data to offer feedback and guidance to your assigned program teams to optimize our work and suggest interventions.
- Training: Ensure canvass staff in your region have the data skills needed to use VAN and read their reports by facilitating webinars and 1:1 or small group training with your teams.
- VAN + Hustle Administration: Create VAN/Hustle accounts for canvass managers and deputy canvass managers in your region and provide frontline support to use the tool. Ensure canvass teams have the correct universes and scripts.
- Quality Control: Oversee the data quality control program within your region and monitor teams for compliance (canvassing within the correct universe, consistent use of Teams & Divisions, etc.).
Applicants for this position should bring the following knowledge, abilities, and attitude:
- Basic familiarity with campaigns and how they use data.
- Strong customer service attitude to help teams in your region use tools successfully.
- Strong project management skills: you should be able to break a large project into its component steps and hold yourself accountable for completing them.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and able to manage different kinds personalities and expectations
- Maintains a positive, can do, and solutions-oriented attitude in tough situations.
- Experience working with a diverse workforce.
- Flexible and self-motivated to identify priorities and complete work.
- Knowledge of and commitment to progressive causes and progressive management practices.
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
We especially encourage applications from people who bring some of these additional skills or experiences:
- Use of VAN, especially as a field or data manager.
- Administration of a Hustle Group or Account.
- Any of the following advanced skills: Tableau, mapping, d3.js, Fusion Tables, Python, APIs.
- Experience with training others on utilizing technology.
There is no formal education requirement for this position.
This is a full-time, exempt, entry-level position with Scale for Change, with an annual base salary between $58,000-$62,000 depending on skills, experience, and qualifications. Full-time, exempt employees are also eligible for a cell phone reimbursement up to $75/month and employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance. The position is a short-term position with an expected end date of June 30, 2022.
Please apply on our website at www.knockdoors.org/jobs. We strongly encourage women, people of color, working-class, and LGBTQ people, as well as those with disabilities, to apply.
Scale for Change, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Scale for Change, LLC is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values quality, equity, innovation, transparency, bravery, and sustainability.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Seasonal