Business Development Manager
New York, USA ● Virtual Req #102
Wednesday, March 8, 2023
About the Role
We are looking for a Manager of Development to originate structure, and negotiate agreements related to Greenfield development of distributed generation assets with a focus in the district energy space. As part of the development team, you will get to work on solving complex energy challenges for organizations as our customers transition to a greener future. This is a highly visible role within the organization and presents an opportunity to gain significant exposure to the North American energy infrastructure sector in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES/KEY RESULTS
- Work with senior team members to identify and evaluate potential development opportunities
- Conduct research and analysis to screen and qualify potential development opportunities
- Work with technical team to develop the feasibility of new distributed generation assets to support customer’s needs. Our projects focus on innovation, resiliency, and sustainability, and span across a broad spectrum of technologies
- Work with consultants to manage bidding of P3 procurements in the US.
- Develop new B2B Partners and build value proposition for existing B2B Partners
- Commercial acumen with experience of closing complex contracts and financial modelling
- Assist with the preparation of investment memoranda and presentations for executive management and the Board of Directors
- Knowledge of the district energy sector
- Ability to build positive relationships at all levels
- Strong presentation, influencing and motivational skills
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong analytical skills, creative problem-solving ability, and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask various projects effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent ability to listen to customer needs & devise innovative solutions. Build connections & develop trust
- Strong fundamental understanding of energy markets, district energy assets & microgrids value to customers.
- Ability to formulate and articulate viewpoints (written and verbal) in a clear, succinct manner.
- Job Family Manager
- Pay Type Salary
- New York, USA