Intern Business Development
We will provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward.
We’ll give the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do.
You can innovate, grow, and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
We are looking for a highly strategic, collaborative, innovative world-class student that is looking to break into the business development/sales/marketing industry. You will need to be a disciplined, high achiever, with strong character and ethical values.
The Cordia Business Development Internship is a PAID 12 – 14-week program over the course of the summer with the potential to expand throughout the fall/winter season, offering hands-on experience in business development, sales, and marketing. Our internship program is designed to provide you with a comprehensive learning experience.
In this role you will help with identifying district energy existing customer and sales opportunities, in both new and existing buildings within selected target markets, create a customer contact system within existing customer database system and design system to provide marketing campaigns for existing and potential customers including working with marketing team to develop and launch initial electronic marketing campaign.
Major Areas of Responsibilities:
· Business development research (bldg. owner, bldg. sq ft, current energy source, etc.)
· Assists in the overall sales process through generating and closing leads.
· Update / Validation of contact info in Sales Force! and report generation (e.g., Quarterly Business Review market information reports)
· Assist in launching initial electronic marketing campaign, including working with marketing team to develop the campaign.
· Measure and report the results of marketing and sales initiatives.
· Validate and update existing customer contacts and opportunities in SalesForce!
· Interact with internal and external partners to optimize best thinking for future growth.
· Create persuasive selling stories on direction/ideas to influence adoption of ideas developed.
· Contributes to many tasks, including administrative and office-related activities as needed.
Job Experience, Abilities and Skills Required:
· Working toward and currently enrolled in a program in pursuit of a bachelor’s degree in business, real estate, property management, marketing, sales or related discipline
· Previous sales, marketing or business development experience preferred.
· Passion for research and investigation helpful, either using direct contact verbal skills or web-based research tools.
· Knowledge of general legal organizational structures including governmental, not for profit and for-profit businesses as well as community and political implications of organizational structure.
· Superior interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to write communications to customers and give presentations appropriate for various internal organizational levels
· Planning and organizational skills.
· Uses discretion concerning confidential and sensitive company information
· Team player; able to work with all levels of the organization.
· Successful candidate should be strong user of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and internet search engines –knowledge of Sales Force database software helpful but not required.
- Job Family Intern
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Internship
- Job Start Date Thursday, May 11, 2023
- Omaha Thermal Station, 2152 Howard Street, Omaha, Nebraska, United States of America