Reporting to the Regional General Manager, the Sales Engineer is responsible for providing engineering related support to Cordia’s new project development and acquisition efforts and for its existing District Energy and CHP facilities. The primary responsibility for the Sales Engineer will be to assist in identification of new customers and business opportunities, assess the feasibility of opportunities, and assist in the development of projects and proposals,
This person will be responsible for coordinating technical due diligence required for new customer connections and other development or acquisition projects, developing conceptual designs for new, replacement or expanded equipment and systems, develop preliminary budgets and schedules, and on occasion may provide other technical support as requested by the Business Development and Plant Operations teams.
Principle Responsibilities & Key Results
Assist Regional General Manager and Business Development Manager in securing approval of acquisitions or development of new District Energy and CHP projects. Key responsibilities would include:
- Assist in identifying and cultivating business relationships with target customers and to develop and present energy solutions and services which meet customers’ needs and objectives
- Assist in preparation of responses to requests for proposals for acquisitions and new projects.
- Support development of economic and financial models for new projects Lead the project development and upfront design process for new business opportunities to include:
- Solicitation of proposals and selection of consulting engineers for feasibility studies and preliminary engineering.
- Run performance models to evaluate expected performance characteristics for selected technologies
- Work with outside equipment and system vendors and engineering consultants to develop project scope, budget and schedule
- Provide all aspects of technical sales support to the sales and business development team
- Work closely with the Cordia’s Corporate Engineering, Construction and Finance personnel to develop project scopes, costs, savings, schedule, and financial expectations including leading a presentation to the Cordia’s Executive Leader Team prior to the submittal of a project proposal
- Maintain relationships with Cordia customers throughout the tenor of contracts to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as required
- Travel, as required (valid driver’s license at all times)
Knowledge & Skills
- Exceptional Communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work with internal and external teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to set and manage priorities independently
- Familiarity with the technical and commercial aspects of district energy, industrial HVAC, or energy projects
- Knowledge of industrial or commercial engineering and construction projects
- Experience in technical sales or applications engineering in the energy industrial or commercial/industrial HVAC equipment
- Ability to develop and maintain customer relationships
- Ability to prepare presentations, proposals, technical reports to support sales efforts
- Capable of contributing to a team environment with site personnel as well as third party contractors
- The ability to work independently and make decisions independently if necessary
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products including Microsoft Project and SharePoint, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Oracle NetSuite or similar ERP system preferred
- Experience with SalesForce or CRM system preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related required.
- 2+ years of experience working in one or more aspects of the technical sales, applications engineer, or design, construction, or operation in energy or other industry
- Direct experience in the areas of combined heat and power, central utility plants, and utility distributions systems, or industrial HVAC a plus
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) preferred, but not required
- LEED NC or LEED O&M certification a plus
- MBA or Master’s degree is a plus
- Job Family Manager
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $90,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $110,000.00
- Pittsburgh, PA, USA