Thermal - Plant Maintenance IV - Thermal
Downtown Phoenix Thermal Station, 514 E. Buchanan, Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America Req #86
Friday, December 23, 2022
Reporting to the Downtown O&M Manager, the Plant Maintenance Tech IV is responsible to provide ongoing operations and maintenance of the district cooling facilities in downtown Phoenix, while observing and complying with all safety requirements. The primary objective is to maintain plant chillers, distribution system, and auxiliary equipment safely and efficiently. Assist in maintenance activities at our Tempe cogeneration facility and remote plant locations.
Principle Responsibilities/Key Results Areas
- Reviews and understands the operating and maintenance requirements of the main plant, remote plants, and distribution system.
- Acquires bids and oversees contractors for maintenance and other services.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on plant equipment as directed.
- Complete all necessary logs, records, maintenance documentation, and plant paperwork as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by plant management (i.e., facility cleaning, customer heat exchangers, etc.).
- Initiate work requests in Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for plant equipment requiring maintenance and meet weekly with department manager to schedule, plan, and coordinate work.
- Coordinate with operations lead for initiating LOTO’s in computer-based program (Red Tag).
- Attend daily meetings with Leads and Plant Management.
- Interprets technical manuals, sketches, prints, instructions, manufacturer’s data and equipment history records and incorporates the applicable information in developing work plans. Identifies opportunities to improve O&M work processes and leads problem solving analysis when required to address issues and corrective actions while sharing lessons learned and best practices.
- Plans and executes routine project maintenance and supports major maintenance and capital replacement projects. Provides coordination between contractors, consultants, and material suppliers on plant projects.
- Ensures that all safety policies and regulations are followed, and all daily work is executed in accordance with Cordia’s safety policies. Performs pre-job briefs for critical work activities.
- Ensures full compliance with all environmental regulations with a goal of zero exceedances, reportable spills or other violations.
- Responsible for ordering and inventory management of spare parts and other plant supplies.
- Must be prepared to respond to emergency callout 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
- Perform other duties as required.
Experience and Education
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of steady work experience, working with and chilled water equipment and water pumps.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Hands on maintenance and troubleshooting experience with chiller plants.
- Have or the ability to get EPA section 609 universal refrigeration certificate.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge and experience in working with chilled water equipment and water pumps.
- Ability to work in adverse climate conditions.
- Gathers data; identifies issues; relates and compares; identifies cause-effect; interprets different viewpoints; determines and takes a course of action after identifying and developing possible consequences.
- Seeks, acquires, and promptly applies new knowledge and skills, including interpersonal skills, new technology, and emerging industry practices. Adjusts quickly to change. Supports and champions change processes.
- Flexibility to work in fast-paced, environment with "hands-on" team player approach.
- Results oriented, with ability to work with minimum supervision in order to coordinate and facilitate activities across groups.
- Communicates openly to ensure all personnel are informed of plant and equipment conditions.
- High integrity, energy and enthusiasm.
- Job Family Prof. (Plant)
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $35.30
- Max Hiring Rate $37.20
- Downtown Phoenix Thermal Station, 514 E. Buchanan, Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America