Senior Manager, Supply Chain
Act as lead purchasing agent for Cordia. Provide oversight of supply chain management policies and procedures, identifying, establishing, and implementing best practices. Support site procurement personnel to ensure consistent and compliant application of same.
- Provide input to and oversight of programs, policies, and procedures that define supply chain management responsibilities including total procure to pay cycle and assure that proper tools are in place including job descriptions, policies, and desk top procedures.
- Develop and implement cost savings initiatives.
- Develop both internal and external partnerships critical to meeting objectives.
- Negotiate terms and conditions with suppliers/for significant contracts, and/or delegate negotiation responsibilities to appropriate purchasing personnel, resolve disputes with suppliers as necessary, and affect appropriate vendor relationships.
- Execute, update, and administer contracts and purchase agreements for goods and/or services to support plant requirements and business development projects consistent with authorization level.
- Prepare and/or supervise request for proposals (RFP’s) ensuring continuity of commercial and technical requirements, tabulate & analyze bids and offer recommendations.
- Perform supplier qualification activities, including assisting in evaluation and selection of new sources and supplier capabilities.
- Provide leadership, direction, technical input, and day to day support for site procurement, inventory, and material handling personnel to ensure compliance with company and achievement of cost saving initiatives.
- Report to senior and/or plant management on significant activities, including (i) identification of unmitigated risks, technical or contractual issues with proposed documents, and recommended solutions, an (ii) performance of the supply chain process and its impact on the company.
- Ensure timely resolution to issues and problems.
- Provide leadership, direction, and day to day support for direct and indirect reports including training and development opportunities.
- Perform personnel activities for area of responsibility (e.g., performance appraisals, discipline, employee development plans, counseling & hiring).
- Manage governance and control programs to ensure business continuity, protect company assets and comply with co-regulatory policies.
- Obtain and communicate market condition and technology trend information regarding specific categories and suppliers; suggest and implement appropriate business strategy changes
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, supply chain management, engineering or related field, and ten or more years of experience in supply chain management. Master’s degree and/or CPM, CPSM, CSCP, APICS certifications preferred.
- Minimum three years’ experience negotiating complex and/or technical services and materials contracts.
- Strong leadership skills required.
- Strong negotiation skills, knowledge of contract law and good business/financial acumen.
- High degree of financial and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to address multiple activities simultaneously.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including presentation development and execution
- Strong functional knowledge of tools that support the vendor onboarding and procurement business processes to include being highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word. NetSuite ERP and Power BI experience preferred.
- Able to travel up to 25% of the time
- Job Family Senior Manager
- Pay Type Salary
- Minneapolis, MN, USA