Control Operator - Power Plant Mechanic IV
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Power Plant Control Operator-Maintenance Tech IV is responsible for day-to-day operations, preventative maintenance and repair of the Energy Center Phoenix at Arizona State University Facilities and remote operations of Energy Center Tucson. The primary objective is to ensure the plants are operated with regard to the priorities in order: Safety, Reliability and Efficiency.
Principle Responsibilities/Key Results Areas
- Understand system operating requirements, identify trends, perform routine analysis, and make recommendations for operating adjustments.
- Identify abnormal operating and equipment conditions, perform required routine and corrective maintenance activities, and troubleshoot and repair electrical and/or mechanical equipment.
- Track and log operational system status using applicable journals and control system tools.
- Identify, report and address safety hazards.
- Follow plant operational procedures to ensure the accomplishment of reliability goals and production requirements.
- Maintain competency in the operations of local and remote plant facilities in conjunction with maintaining the electrical and mechanical equipment and facilities to ensure unplanned outages are prevented.
- Use Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) effectively to accomplish required maintenance in an efficient and organized manner.
- Make recommendations to enhance plant reliability and performance.
- Coordinate and schedule with other plants, customers and contractors as necessary to accomplish installation or maintenance objectives consistent with schedules, quality and cost management.
- Able to train and guide less qualified Control Operators.
- Perform other duties as required.
Experience and Education
- High School Diploma.
- Journeyman electrician, mechanic or equivalent.
- Five years of operation and/or maintenance and troubleshooting experience with cogeneration and/or central heating and cooling plants.
- Proficiency in contract management and proven skills in leading/directing contractors.
Knowledge and Skills
- Adjusts quickly to change: remains flexible and productive in times of continuing change. Supports and champions change processes.
- Gathers data; identifies issues; relates and compares; identifies cause-effect; interprets different viewpoints; determines and takes a course of action after identifying and developing possible consequences.
- Seeks, acquires and promptly applies new knowledge and skills, including interpersonal skills, new technology, business-related information and emerging industry practices.
- Generates creative solutions to work situations; tries different and novel ways to deal with organizational problems and opportunities. Develops systems or work processes to increase efficiency production.
- Works effectively independently and with others throughout the organization (including coworkers, supervisors, peers in other units and senior management) to accomplish organizational goals and to identify and resolve problems.
- Self-driven; actively seeks out and pursues opportunities to improve themselves and their surroundings.
- Communicates openly to ensure all personnel are informed of plant and equipment conditions.
- Maintains high personal standards of performance, responsibility and professionalism.
- Job Family Prof. (Plant)
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $36.00
- Max Hiring Rate $40.00
- Tempe, AZ, USA