Deputy District Attorney I, II, or III
Seeking one Deputy District Attorney I, II or III (depending on qualifications and experience) to perform professional legal work in investigations, prepare and present cases prosecuted by the district attorney within circuit court depending on experience and qualifications.
- Doctor of Jurisprudence degree.
- Admittance to the Oregon State Bar.
- Extensive knowledge of Oregon criminal law.
- In-depth knowledge of the rules of evidence
- Mastery of legal practices, terminology, legal and court procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of investigative techniques.
Desirable qualifications include:
- Experience in felony prosecution.
- One to two years as prosecuting attorney a plus.
- Resident of Oregon.
- Proficiency in Spanish.
How to Apply
OPEN UNTIL FILLED. Click here to download the detailed recruitment brochure for details and additional application requirements.
Candidates should also review the Deputy District Attorney job descriptions.
Your application must clearly show your qualifications for the position in order to receive further consideration. During any phase of the hiring process, applicants with disabilities, who need reasonable accommodation to assist them to demonstrate their qualification to perform the duties of the job, should inform Human Resources. Prior to hiring, candidates may be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
This announcement is generally descriptive of the duties and qualifications for the job. It is not to be construed as an expressed or implied contract.
employees in all matters of employment (such as hiring, promotion, transfer, training, layoff, compensation,
fringe benefits and termination) regardless of ethnicity/race, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability,
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $6,261.88
- Max Hiring Rate $12,284.19
- Clatsop County Oregon - District Attorney, 800 EXCHANGE STREET, ASTORIA, Oregon, United States of America