EHS Expansion Astoria - Family Worker
Astoria, Queens, NY, USA Req #11
Saturday, January 28, 2023
The Family Worker is responsible for implementing and participating in a coordinated approach to ERSEA (Eligibility, Recruitment, Selection, Enrollment, Attendance), Health Services, Family and Community Engagement, and Mental Health services for the promotion of overall family wellness.
- Perform the functions of this position with a strong understanding of the HeadStart Program Performance Standards in addition to local, state and other federal guidelines. Participate and coordinate the
- development and progress of family engagement activities including Family Engagement Goal Setting
- Advocate and collaborate with community agencies to support child, family and agency outcomes
- Maintain family service records that are complete, accurate and where confidentiality is maintained in accordance with agency, local, state and federal guidelines.
- Monitor and collect data for funding streams, monthly reports and annual program information report (PIR)
- Perform other duties, as may be required.
- High School Diploma
- Within 18 months of hire, at a
- minimum, a credential or certification in social work, human services, family services counseling or a related field.
- Family Development Credential (FDC)
- Experience working with children and families preferred.
- BA in Human Services or related field
Job Behavioral Expectations:
In this section list the behavior characteristics the person should have and demonstrate in order to be successful at their job and keep their job. See bullet list for examples.
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health & safety procedures.
- Safe and successful performance, including meeting productivity standards.
- Maintain an understanding of the principles, methods and processes needed to perform the job. Attends staff meetings, seminars and in-service training as assigned.
- Demonstrates the ability to complete work in an acceptable manner by the time and/or date established with accuracy, neatness and thoroughness and minimal amount of errors.
- Maintain established departmental policies and procedures including maintain strict confidentiality and adherence to all HIPAA guidelines at all times.
The Child Center of NY is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status or any other category protected by Federal, State or local law. EOE M/F/D/V
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Astoria, Queens, NY, USA