General Maintenance | Seven Hills Inn
Find your place and begin your journey.
We believe that more responsible users of the outdoors create more people that will fight for the protection of our wild places, and therefore give 1% of top line revenue at each location to a local non-profit that fosters responsible outdoor use. Our sponsorship partners include The Surfrider Foundation, Northwest Avalanche Association, Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance, and Central Oregon Trail Association.
Oh, and in case you were wondering…it’s pronounced “lodge”.
Bonus: it stands for Live Outside, Go Explore!
What you can expect:
- Super stoked, outdoor-loving vibe. Uniforms? Be you! Hoodies, t-shirts, trail pants and your favorite “trail riders”. You may want to hit a trail on your way to work or home…need to be ready! Team meetings? We like ours out on the deck, with a side of sunshine or fire pit.
- Awesome perks. Seriously. Travel, dine, spa and golf at properties across the Columbia Hospitality & LOGE portfolio at deep discounts because you deserve to be our guest, too. That, and sweet pro-deals and $150 to spend on outdoor gear each year.
- OMG Culture. What’s that? Well, it stands for Own the Values, Make it Fun, and Get it Done. It’s that simple.
- Robust benefits. Yes, we offer competitive wages, excellent health benefits, 401k, and more.
General Maintenance | Seven Hills Inn
Let’s start off with the most important part-what’s in it for you:
*Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status
- Get Paid Daily (Make any day payday)
- Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay (Because Balance Matters)
- Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, 401K, HSA/FSA Plans
- Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, Retail & Partner Perks (Yes, Discounted Travel!)
- Task Force Work Opportunities (Grow your career in idyllic locations across the globe)
- Values Based Culture (#OMGLIFE)
- Culture Add (Creating Space for Fresh Perspectives)
- Referral Bonus (Get Paid to Recruit)
- Employee Assistance Program
- “Columbia Cares” Volunteer Opportunities
- Committee Participation Opportunities (Fun, Philanthropic, Diversity/Equity/Inclusion)
- Online Learning Platform to Help You Develop!
Our Commitment to you:
“People never forget how you made them feel.” Maya Angelou’s famous statement serves as a rallying cry throughout Columbia Hospitality and fuels our collective drive - and success.
Our people are our purpose, and our brand is our people. We seek extraordinary individuals who drive our brand promise of Creating Exceptional Experiences. We are a people-first organization, ignited from the inside to succeed on the outside. We are a tight-knit, inclusive, values-driven team and we trust one another to have each other’s backs. We show up every day with open hearts, an inclusive mindset, and a genuine respect for those around us. We have fun, grow together, and strive to leave a positive lasting impression on everyone we meet.
What you’ll do:
The Brass Tacks
- Maintain the building’s physical appearance and working order of the club as well as assistance of the mechanical, electrical and plumbing system functionality and general upkeep.
- Ensure the security, cleanliness, preventative maintenance and repair of all engineering department tools, equipment and safety features are in accordance with established procedures and budgets.
- Ensure all maintenance and engineering storerooms and work areas are kept in a clean and orderly manner and storing all tools, equipment and spare parts in proper location.
- Responsible for the proper treatment and care of tools and equipment used to perform tasks.
- Responsible to complete delegated work orders in a timely and professional manner.
- Respond to after-hour calls as necessary.
- Reports and addresses unsafe conditions immediately.
- Other tasks as assigned.
The Nitty Gritty
- Must be able to complete all types of work orders generated for engineering.
- Must have a general understanding of electrical and mechanical systems.
- Journeymen level experience or equivalent in a trade or 2+ years in building maintenance experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively perform painting, woodworking, and general carpentry.
- Ability to perform maintenance and general repair.
- Must have knowledge and the ability to operate tools, hand tools and power tools in a safe and efficient manner.
- Must be flexible and able to perform multiple tasks and work in stressful situations.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Columbia Hospitality we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
The Fine Print
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and these values.
Accountability | Creativity | Enthusiasm | Honesty | Inclusion | Respect
Columbia Hospitality is a national management and consulting company with more than 25 years of experience in creating hospitality solutions and delivering exceptional experiences. Our portfolio includes award-winning hotels and resorts, premier residential communities, restaurants and bars, private and public golf clubs, conference centers, and distinctive venues. Columbia Hospitality has been consistently recognized as one of the Top Companies to Work for in Washington by Seattle Business Magazine and Puget Sound Business Journal for their commitment to creating a fun, dynamic and nurturing work environment for team members.
- Pay Type Hourly
- LOGE - Seven Hills Inn, 40 Plunkett St, St. Lenox, Massachusetts, United States of America