Terminal Operations Assistant - Cruise Terminals of America
Cruise Terminal Operations Assistant - Summer/Seasonal
If you're looking for a fun part-time summer job and want to learn more about cruise ship terminal operations, Cruise Terminals of America (CTA) may be the place for you! CTA is currently seeking Cruise Terminal Operations Assistants to fill their seasonal, summer positions at the Pier 91 Smith Cove Cruise Terminal and at the Pier 66 Bell Street Pier Cruise Terminal.
Applications without a resume and cover letter will not be considered. Please combine the resume and cover letter into a single document and upload during the application process. Obtaining a Transit Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card upon employment is mandatory. Please check eligibility before applying by using the following link:https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
The Terminal Operations Assistant is responsible for both terminal and peripheral operations at either the Bell Street Pier Cruise Terminal (BSPCT), Pier 66 or the Smith Cove Cruise Terminal (SCCT), Pier 91. Cruise specific duties include pier delivery and traffic flow coordination, coordinating with ship's agent for passenger deliveries, and overseeing stevedore maintenance and accident claims. Other duties may include traffic control and other needs as they arise.
The Terminal Operations Assistant will report to the Duty Manager as well as the Security Manager and Supervisor, and assist both as directed.
-Seasonal employment: Late April through September with some training in early April
-Thursday - Tuesday at SCCT
-Friday - Sunday at BSPCT (and a some weekdays)
-Hours may vary depending on operational needs.
-Shift start varies depending on locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following:
- Cruise operations overview
- Accident/incident reports
- Implement security measures as needed
- Crowd control
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintenance Log
- Facility walk-through and maintenance coordination
- Inventory and stock level maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Fast-paced operational experience preferred
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Familiarity with computer and MS Office
- Knowledge of other security and operations equipment helpful but not required
- Standing and walking for two-thirds or more of time on cruise operation days
- Must be available weekends or other non-business hours as required by cruise schedule
- Commitment for entire cruise season required (May - September, some training in April)
- Ability to lift or carry up to 20 pounds
COMPENSATION / PERKS
- $20.50 - $23.00/hour
- Discounts at Columbia Hospitality properties
- Referral & End of Season bonuses
- Same day pay through Dayforce Wallet
- FREE PARKING
The Fine Print
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and these values.
Accountability | Creativity | Enthusiasm | Honesty | Inclusion | Respect
Columbia Hospitality is a national management and consulting company with more than 25 years of experience in creating hospitality solutions and delivering exceptional experiences. Our portfolio includes award-winning hotels and resorts, premier residential communities, restaurants and bars, private and public golf clubs, conference centers, and distinctive venues. Columbia Hospitality has been consistently recognized as one of the Top Companies to Work for in Washington by Seattle Business Magazine and Puget Sound Business Journal for their commitment to creating a fun, dynamic and nurturing work environment for team members.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $20.50
- Max Hiring Rate $23.00
- Cruise Terminals of America, 2223 Alaskan Way, Seattle, Washington, United States of America