Cook - McCormick Woods Golf Club
Line Cook | McCormick Woods Golf Club
Create menu magic and make hungry people happy. Showcase your skills by preparing new menu items and daily preparation requirements, providing guidance to line cooks, conducting inventories, and ensuring sanitary and well-maintained food preparation areas, as well as safe food handling. Cook I is responsible for opening and closing kitchen procedures with the ability to accommodate customer needs in a timely manner.
Let’s start off with the most important part - what’s in it for you:
*Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status
- Get Paid Daily (Make any day payday)
- Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay (Because Balance Matters)
- Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, 401K, HSA/FSA Plans
- Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, Retail & Partner Perks (Yes, Discounted Travel!)
- Task Force Work Opportunities (Grow your career in idyllic locations across the globe)
- Values-Based Culture (#OMGLIFE)
- Culture Add (Creating Space for Fresh Perspectives)
- Referral Bonus (Get Paid to Recruit)
- Employee Assistance Program
- “Columbia Cares” Volunteer Opportunities
- Committee Participation Opportunities (Fun, Philanthropic, Diversity/Equity/Inclusion)
- Online Learning Platform to Help You Develop!
- Eligible for participation in tips or tip pooling
Our Commitment to you:
“People never forget how you made them feel.” Maya Angelou’s famous statement serves as a rallying cry throughout Columbia Hospitality and fuels our collective drive - and success.
Our people are our purpose, and our brand is our people. We seek extraordinary individuals who drive our brand promise of Creating Exceptional Experiences. We are a people-first organization, ignited from the inside to succeed on the outside. We are a tight-knit, inclusive, values-driven team and we trust one another to have each other’s backs. We show up every day with open hearts, an inclusive mindset, and genuine respect for those around us. We have fun, grow together, and strive to leave a positive lasting impression on everyone we meet.
What you’ll do:
The Nitty Gritty
- Able to cook proteins to pre-determined temperatures
- Ability to cook and direct a banquet up to 100 with a help of a small team
- Necessary State Food Handler’s License(s)
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instruction, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to other employees of the organization
- Working knowledge of all mother and minor sauces
- Working knowledge of proper butchering techniques
- Knowledge of specialized equipment: Mastering of slicer, Robo-coup, Hobart, convection ovens
- Must possess knife skills, the ability to adjust preparations for flavor, and accommodate customer’s needs in a timely manner
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Columbia Hospitality we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Where you’ll work:
Built in accordance with the Audubon Society to optimize its serene location, McCormick Woods Golf Club features 18-holes with natural lakes hidden amongst towering firs and cedars. With five tee placements at each hole, McCormick Woods provides players of all skill levels a championship experience. Featuring stunning views and impeccable service, The Clubhouse at McCormick Woods is a beautiful location for weddings, corporate events, or social functions for up to 400 guests.
The Fine Print
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and these values.
Accountability | Creativity | Enthusiasm | Honesty | Inclusion | Respect
Columbia Hospitality is a national management and consulting company with more than 25 years of experience in creating hospitality solutions and delivering exceptional experiences. Our portfolio includes award-winning hotels and resorts, premier residential communities, restaurants and bars, private and public golf clubs, conference centers, and distinctive venues. Columbia Hospitality has been consistently recognized as one of the Top Companies to Work for in Washington by Seattle Business Magazine and Puget Sound Business Journal for their commitment to creating a fun, dynamic and nurturing work environment for team members.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $20.00
- Max Hiring Rate $26.00
- 5155 McCormick Woods Dr SW, Port Orchard, WA 98367, USA