Director of Sales - Marcus Whitman Hotel
Director of Sales | Marcus Whitman
Let’s start off with the most important part-what’s in it for you:
*Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status
- Get Paid Daily (Make any day payday)
- Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay (Because Balance Matters)
- Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, 401K, HSA/FSA Plans
- Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, Retail & Partner Perks (Yes, Discounted Travel!)
- Task Force Work Opportunities (Grow your career in idyllic locations across the globe)
- Values Based Culture (#OMGLIFE)
- Culture Add (Creating Space for Fresh Perspectives)
- Referral Bonus (Get Paid to Recruit)
- Employee Assistance Program
- “Columbia Cares” Volunteer Opportunities
- Committee Participation Opportunities (Fun, Philanthropic, Diversity/Equity/Inclusion)
- Online Learning Platform to Help You Develop!
- Cell Phone allowance eligible
- Base pay range between $80,000 and $90,000 DOE plus incentive eligible
Our Commitment to you:
“People never forget how you made them feel.” Maya Angelou’s famous statement serves as a rallying cry throughout Columbia Hospitality and fuels our collective drive - and success.
Our people are our purpose, and our brand is our people. We seek extraordinary individuals who drive our brand promise of Creating Exceptional Experiences. We are a people-first organization, ignited from the inside to succeed on the outside. We are a tight-knit, inclusive, values-driven team and we trust one another to have each other’s backs. We show up every day with open hearts, an inclusive mindset, and a genuine respect for those around us. We have fun, grow together, and strive to leave a positive lasting impression on everyone we meet.
What you’ll do:
The Brass Tacks
- Prepares annual strategic group sales plan and revenue budget. Has input on department expenses for salaries and marketing expenses for sales efforts. Aligns with General Manager and Marketing Manager for overall Sales and Marketing Strategic Plan.
- Generates sales manager’s annual goals, monitors progress and submits quarterly documentation required for incentive payouts at quarter closing.
- Meets and exceeds expectations for gross revenue for assigned revenue targets (examples; guest rooms, banquet, catering, misc. revenues).
- Maintains and conducts industry research to be able to project future business volume and trends.
- Ensures the accurate production of monthly closing reports, monthly owner’s reports, booking pace report and forecasting reports.
- Reports weekly achievements for prospecting, inquiries, activities and industry events.
- Manages group yielding efforts with support from General Manager and Revenue Manager.
- Maintains department standards and implements systems, including sales & event platform management.
- Conducting 1:1 with team and holding to quarter OMG check-in’s and SMART goal review.
- Oversees weekly sales meetings preparing in advance and shifting sales strategy as needed.
- Implements corrective action and reward programs as appropriate.
- Communicates standards internally and creates collaborations between departments.
- Achieve quarterly/annual sales goal both individually and for the team.
- Maintains relationships and is an active member within the community by attending networking events.
- Required to achieve weekly/monthly prospecting goals and sales activities.
- Hires, mentors and trains sales & event planning managers ensuring that the team is competent in all sales aspects.
- Responds to inquires in a timely manner.
The Nitty Gritty
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from four-year college or university, or 7+years’ experience in a Sales Management role at a hotel, or similar environment.
- The ability to effectively present information and responds to questions from group of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- The ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- The ability to solve practical problems when only limited standardization exists.
- Must possess strong negotiation skills and strong customer relations skills.
- Strong computer skills: Full knowledge of Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Outlook, Excel and Word. Event Planning Program knowledge, specifically Delphi FDC, is required. Knowledge of room diagramming/layout program preferred.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Columbia Hospitality we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Where you’ll work:
The Historic Frontrunner in Walla Walla Hotels. Whether you’re heading to an important meeting in our high-tech conference facilities or playing weekend warrior in the surrounding mountain-and-valley paradise, The Marcus Whitman Hotel is your Walla Walla destination hotel for business proficiency and stunning natural beauty—with generous amounts of historic style, comfort and friendliness to boot.
The Fine Print
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and these values.
Accountability | Creativity | Enthusiasm | Honesty | Inclusion | Respect
Columbia Hospitality is a national management and consulting company with more than 25 years of experience in creating hospitality solutions and delivering exceptional experiences. Our portfolio includes award-winning hotels and resorts, premier residential communities, restaurants and bars, private and public golf clubs, conference centers, and distinctive venues. Columbia Hospitality has been consistently recognized as one of the Top Companies to Work for in Washington by Seattle Business Magazine and Puget Sound Business Journal for their commitment to creating a fun, dynamic and nurturing work environment for team members.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $90,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $105,000.00
- Marcus Whitman Hotel and Conference Center, 6 W Rose St, Walla Walla, Washington, United States of America