Attractions Attendant - Smith Tower
In 1914, Smith Tower became the first skyscraper in Seattle, and the tallest building west of the Mississippi River. More than 100 years later, a new Smith Tower visitor experience has reinvigorated this local icon to the delight of visitors and tenants alike. Visitors can now enjoy Smith Tower like they've never seen before. Today, it features an entirely new visitor experience including a ground-floor gathering place with gifts, souvenirs and treats, observational deck and bar where you can enjoy a locally inspired menu of shareable plates and classic cocktails.
Smith Tower carries on its legacy of memory-making through leading tours that provide fascinating insight into the building's renowned past and legendary mysteries, hosting private events, and providing breathtaking views from every angle of the open-air Observatory.
Are you someone inspired by History and who loves to share it with others? Our Attractions Attendants here at Smith Tower are our first line in customer service as guests from all over the world come to see Smith Tower. Our AA’s assist guests with their ticket purchases, advise folks on the exhibits offered & offer suggestions on retail, food & beverageand events at SmithTower. Join us as a part of the amazing history of Smith Tower!
THE ‘OMG!’ CULTURE
Own the Values. Make it Fun. Get it Done.
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is a Seattle-based hospitality management and consulting company with over 20 years of experience, featuring a portfolio of award-winning hotels, conference centers, private and public golf facilities, residential and distinctive venues. Columbia Hospitality has been continuously recognized as the BestCompany to Work for in Washington. Seattle Business magazine recognizes 100 companies in the state for their commitment to creating a positive work environment for employees, and for setting the standard for leadership in the community.
We bring people together. We inspire and empower our team to create exceptional experiences for our guests and phenomenal results for our property owners.
THE BRASS TACKS
- Assists with
- Welcomes guests within the Attraction, provides
- Ensures entryway
- .Maintain warm and professional attitude at all times
- Fulfills opening and closing duties for the Attraction Entrance, Exhibit, & Elevators that can include but not limited to:
- Balancing of registers and knowledge and accuracy of closing procedures for registers
- Knowledge of inventory received and back stock
- Assuring neatness and cleanliness of store, point of sale station and storage areas
- Ensure cleanliness and organization of all back areas, including shared team member spaces
- Provide communication with other team players and with supervisor on guest flow management and other requests
- Participate in using positive suggestive selling techniques
- Participate in a team environment,
- Assists with partial or full
- All Other Duties as Assigned.
THE NITTY GRITTY
- Previous experience in a
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to stand
- The ability to de-escalate and handle
- The ability to
- Must maintain dependable work attendance and flexibility with assigned work schedules including any required overtime, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to
- Basic math skills required for accurate currency handling
*Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status
- Values Based Culture
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Coverage with Significant Columbia Contribution
- Company Sponsored Life Insurance Policies
- Employee Assistance Program
- PTO Plan
- 401K Match
- Team Member Outings
- Diverse Work Group
- “Columbia Cares” Volunteer Opportunities
- Committee Participation Opportunities (Fun, Philanthropic, Diversity/Inclusion)
- Upward Mobility Potential
- Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, and Retail
- Third Party Perks (Movie Tickets, Attractions, Other)
- Online Learning Platform
THE FINE PRINT
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and these values.
NOTE: TheCompany has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provideguidelines for job expectations and the team member’sability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skillsand abilities. Additionalfunctions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemedappropriate. This document does not representa contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the team memberto perform, as the Company may deemappropriate.
Sincerity | Enthusiasm | Accountability | Respect | Creativity | Honesty
- Pay Type Hourly
- Smith Tower, 506 2nd Ave, 1st Floor, Seattle, Washington, United States of America