Lead Bartender - Smith Tower
In 1914, Smith Tower became the first skyscraper in Seattle, and the tallest building west of the Mississippi River. More than 100 years later, a new Smith Tower visitor experience has reinvigorated this local icon to the delight of visitors and tenants alike. Visitors can now enjoy Smith Tower like they've never seen before. Today, it features an entirely new visitor experience including a ground-floor gathering place with gifts, souvenirs and treats, observational deck and bar where you can enjoy a locally inspired menu of shareable plates and classic cocktails.
Smith Tower carries on its legacy of memory-making through leading tours that provide fascinating insight into the building's renowned past and legendary mysteries, hosting private events, and providing breathtaking views from every angle of the open-air Observatory.
“People never forget how you made them feel.” Maya Angelou’s famous statement serves as a rallying cry throughout Columbia Hospitality and fuels our collective drive - and success.
Our people are our purpose, and our brand is our people. We seek extraordinary individuals who drive our brand promise of Creating Exceptional Experiences. We are a people-first organization, ignited from the inside to succeed on the outside. We are a tight-knit, inclusive, values-driven team and we trust one another to have each other’s backs. We show up every day with open hearts, an inclusive mindset, and a genuine respect for those around us. We have fun, grow together, and strive to leave a positive lasting impression on everyone we meet.
The Brass Tacks
- Work with Director of Operations and Executive Chef to manage menus, inventory and ordering.
- Meet with distributors and wine makers and attend off site tastings to continue wine education.
- Train and aid in supervision of Bartenders/Bar Backs in proper service etiquette and test server knowledge about beverage menu offerings.
- Provide oversight and suggestions on all aspects of beverage programs.
- Work with F&B Supervisor to promote staff cross training and increase efficiency.
- Work with F&B Supervisor & Director of Operations to develop and maintain a marketing strategy that targets our clientele and draws new customers to the building.
- Work with F&B Supervisor & Director of Operations to increase our beverage amenities.
- Responsible in whole for the barrel-aging program using established recipes and/or creating new ones and ensuring enough product available.
- May work as a floor server when needed.
- All Other Duties as Assigned.
The Nitty Gritty
- (2) years’ experience as a bartender in high volume and/or craft cocktail environmentspreferred
- Must maintain dependable work attendance and flexibility with assigned work schedules including any required overtime, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- The ability to read, write and speak English fluently is required to read, analyze, and interpret regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from group of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Computer knowledge including Word, Excel, Outlook, Basic knowledge of POS is preferable.
- Must be flexible and able to perform multiple tasks and work in stressful situations
- Ability to create a team environment within and across departments.
- Strong computer literacy in Microsoft Office, especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong people management skills, including coaching, motivating, delegating, scheduling and relationship-building.
- Be a role model by consistently living the values of Columbia Hospitality
- Strong people management skills, including coaching, motivating, delegating, scheduling, and relationship-building
- Ability to perform essential functions on the computerized Point of Sale system
- Working knowledge of fine dining and beverage service procedures
- Working knowledge of applicable liquor laws and regulations
*Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status
- Paid Time Off (Because Balance Matters)
- 401K Match (Free Money)
- Values Based Culture (#OMGLIFE)
- Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Coverage
- Company Contributed HSA/FSA Plan
- Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, and Retail (Yes, Discounted Travel!)
- Third Party Perks (Movie Tickets, Attractions, Other)
- Company Sponsored Life Insurance Policies
- Employee Assistance Program
- Team Member Outings
- Diverse Work Group
- “Columbia Cares” Volunteer Opportunities
- Committee Participation Opportunities (Fun, Philanthropic, Diversity/Equity/Inclusion)
- Ability to Climb the Ladder
- Online Learning Platform to Help You Grow!
The Fine Print
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and these values.
Accountability | Creativity | Enthusiasm | Honesty | Inclusion | Respect
Columbia Hospitality is a national management and consulting company with more than 25 years of experience in creating hospitality solutions and delivering exceptional experiences. Our portfolio includes award-winning hotels and resorts, premier residential communities, restaurants and bars, private and public golf clubs, conference centers, and distinctive venues. Columbia Hospitality has been consistently recognized as one of the Top Companies to Work for in Washington by Seattle Business Magazine and Puget Sound Business Journal for their commitment to creating a fun, dynamic and nurturing work environment for team members.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Smith Tower, 506 2nd Ave, 1st Floor, Seattle, Washington, United States of America