Server/Bartender - Smith Tower
In 1914, Smith Tower became the first skyscraper in Seattle, and the tallest building west of the Mississippi River. More than 100 years later, a new Smith Tower visitor experience has reinvigorated this local icon to the delight of visitors and tenants alike. Visitors can now enjoy Smith Tower like they've never seen before. Today, it features an entirely new visitor experience including a ground-floor gathering place with gifts, souvenirs and treats, observational deck and bar where you can enjoy a locally inspired menu of shareable plates and classic cocktails.
Smith Tower carries on its legacy of memory-making through leading tours that provide fascinating insight into the building's renowned past and legendary mysteries, hosting private events, and providing breathtaking views from every angle of the open-air Observatory.
Smith Tower is a unique and iconic Seattle landmark with amazing 360-degree views and 'elevated' food & drinks to match. Smith Tower serversare purveyors of spirits, handcrafted cocktails, delicious meals, and experiences in the 35th floor Observatory. Come join us in the Observatory, where we honor the rum-running history of the building while staying on the leading edge of cocktail and culinary culture!
“People never forget how you made them feel.” Maya Angelou’s famous statement serves as a rallying cry throughout Columbia Hospitality and fuels our collective drive - and success.
Our people are our purpose, and our brand is our people. We seek extraordinary individuals who drive our brand promise of Creating Exceptional Experiences. We are a people-first organization, ignited from the inside to succeed on the outside. We are a tight-knit, inclusive, values-driven team and we trust one another to have each other’s backs. We show up every day with open hearts, an inclusive mindset, and a genuine respect for those around us. We have fun, grow together, and strive to leave a positive lasting impression on everyone we meet.
The Brass Tacks
- Empowered to speak with guests to ensure an amazing hospitality experience from beginning to end.
- Able to step into either Server or Bartender positions as needed during service.
- Takes orders and serves food and beverage items to guests in accordance with established standards.
- Enters orders into computerized Point of Sale system and communicates any special requests to the culinary team.
- Ensures attractive, consistent presentation of food and beverages.
- Ensures that all food and beverage items are served at the correct temperature.
- Maintains current knowledge of food and beverage offerings, including menu changes and sold-out items.
- Processes guest payments, using proper accounting and cash handling procedures.
- Keeps work area, including guest dining area, clean and organized.
- Assists with Banquet, Group & Entertainment Events shifts.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Nitty Gritty
- Previous experience as server in a similar restaurant environment
- Ability to perform essential functions on the computerized Point of Sale system
- Working knowledge of dining and beverage service procedures
- Working knowledge of applicable liquor laws and regulations
- Necessary State Food Handler’s License(s) and Liquor Serving Permit(s)
- Craft cocktail knowledge preferred.
*Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status
- Paid Time Off (Because Balance Matters)
- 401K Match (Free Money)
- Values Based Culture (#OMGLIFE)
- Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Coverage
- Company Contributed HSA/FSA Plan
- Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, and Retail (Yes, Discounted Travel!)
- Third Party Perks (Movie Tickets, Attractions, Other)
- Company Sponsored Life Insurance Policies
- Employee Assistance Program
- Team Member Outings
- Diverse Work Group
- “Columbia Cares” Volunteer Opportunities
- Committee Participation Opportunities (Fun, Philanthropic, Diversity/Equity/Inclusion)
- Ability to Climb the Ladder
- Online Learning Platform to Help You Grow!
The Fine Print
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and these values.
Accountability | Creativity | Enthusiasm | Honesty | Inclusion | Respect
Columbia Hospitality is a national management and consulting company with more than 25 years of experience in creating hospitality solutions and delivering exceptional experiences. Our portfolio includes award-winning hotels and resorts, premier residential communities, restaurants and bars, private and public golf clubs, conference centers, and distinctive venues. Columbia Hospitality has been consistently recognized as one of the Top Companies to Work for in Washington by Seattle Business Magazine and Puget Sound Business Journal for their commitment to creating a fun, dynamic and nurturing work environment for team members.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Smith Tower, 506 2nd Ave, 1st Floor, Seattle, Washington, United States of America