Welcome to CWI.
CWI is one of the world’s leading producers of Round, Profile / Shaped Wire, Ultra Fine Wire, Wire Rope, and Cable Assemblies. In addition, CWI is an approved Domestic Producer of Mil-Spec Wire Rope.
Many industries depend on CWI for quality products and expertise. With eleven Manufacturing facilities in three countries and over 60 years of excellence, CWI is a market leader offering the widest range of high performance specialty alloys in nickel, stainless steel, and red metals. We manufacture Ultra-Fine Wire, Shaped/Profile Wire, and Wire Rope/Strands in the widest range of finishes in the market today. CWI wire products are used in mission critical applications for medical, aerospace, automotive, defense, mining, oil and gas, marine, and many other market sectors.
Job Title:Machine Operator
Position Overview: Set-up, adjust and operate production machinery for wire of various metal alloys and diameters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Operate machinery to produce quality product according to specific “Work Instructions”.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Read work orders/bill of materials to determine product specifications
- Responsible for quantity and quality to meet efficiency rates
- Use various types of equipment and machinery
- Maintain machinery during operation
- Adjust machinery including changing dies
- Reporting/communicating machinery issues to supervisor/maintenance
- Inspect products to ensure product excellence and quality using measuring tools (tape measure/micrometer/tensile test machine)
- Obtain all required approvals
- Label packages
- Use of forklift and cranes to load/unload machine and to move material to and from machines.
- Record and document all downtime
- Ensure and observe all safety and housekeeping rules and guidelines, including carrying out daily safety inspections
- Participate in all assigned training, including monthly health and safety sessions
- Operate forklifts safely
- Other duties as assigned
- Covid-19 Vaccine (Proof required)
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- Ability to communicate – verbal and written
- Ability to perform basic math functions with accuracy
- Forklift license preferred
- Basic computer skills for data entry purposes
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Pay Type Hourly
- Houston, TX, USA