Senior Software Engineer
Location: Van Wert, OH or Dublin, OH – Hybrid Work Model
Technology plays a crucial role in our ability to deliver best-in-class insurance products. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Claims team who will help support our core Claims system, and its subsystems, off which the business runs today.
As a member of our Claims team you will:
- You will be responsible for contributing to design and implementation to add features and resolve bugs by serving as a mentor to the development teams and as an individual contributor. You will be expected to help choose and implement design patterns, coach younger engineers on technology choices, and provide feedback to tech leads and engineering managers on system quality.
- Investigate and resolve tickets received by implementing permanent resolutions effectively.
- Interact with 3rd party vendors in order to send or receive data needed to handle/pay claims and lessen the amount of data manually entered.
- Participates in all parts of the development lifecycle – from analysis and design, implementation, peer review, to production delivery and support.
- Work closely with the engineering manager, tech leads, and team to break features into work for engineers to build.
- Work with engineers to review implementation quality and design choices.
- Work closely with tech lead and team to identify technical debt and advocate for system improvements that enable faster delivery and reduced cost to serve.
- Provide coaching to engineers on making design tradeoffs for risk and long-term maintainability.
- Review and evaluate designs and development activities for compliance with guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Drive team’s system monitoring and change to achieve stability and performance improvements
- Able to work proficiently in JCL, COBOL, DB2, CICS, and Easytrieve
- Experience with REST APIs a plus
- Must be analytical, flexible, innovative, and self-motivated
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as a team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively with minimal supervision
- Bachelor's degree or demonstrated competence
Working at Central
We pride ourselves on our long history—not just the years we’ve been in business, but the thousands of policyholders we’ve provided peace of mind to along the way. We’ve also built a reputation of being one of the top carrier choices for premier agents across the country.
None of this came about by chance. It’s all because we have a team of employees that works together to deliver the best customer service in the industry. We foster a spirit of collaboration and camaraderie. We celebrate our victories as one while still recognizing individual accomplishments and contributions. And when we see something that needs to be improved upon, we join forces to make the change.
In addition, we’ve built a structure where the customer truly is the focus. We have the systems, workflows and resources in place to offer quick turnarounds that still have a personal touch. This allows our employees to have the tools they need to excel.
Our corporate culture is shaped by our shared commitment to excellence and it’s guided by “Central Hospitality.” In the end, it’s all about relationships and you are a major part of that.
It is the policy of Central that all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, job classification and assignment, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment and all other terms and conditions of employment shall be maintained in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, military status, or disability. The applicant should respond to questions on this application in a way that will not divulge such information. #LI-Hybrid
- 425 Metro Pl N, Dublin, OH 43017, USA
- 800 S Washington St, Van Wert, OH 45891, USA