Housekeeper, Recuperative Care Center - $1,500 Sign-On Bonus (Prorated Based On Weekly Schedule)
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless seeks a Housekeeper for the general upkeep and cleaning in a brand-new facility and program! This position cleans common and personal areas including hallways, rest rooms, offices, helping clean the kitchen, other common areas, and resident rooms. This position is located at 2175 California Street, Denver, Colorado 80205 and reports to the Operations Manager.
In addition to the unique challenges and extraordinary rewards of our work, eligible Coalition employees enjoy a rich benefits package, including:
- Health insurance coverage on the first day of employment: full-time employees contribute only 1% of their earnings for their own health coverage and no more than 4% of their earnings for coverage of eligible dependents. We’re proud to offer same- and opposite-sex domestic partner coverage;
- Dental, vision, and flexible spending/dependent care/public transit accounts;
- Free basic life insurance and long-term disability coverage;
- Dollar-for-dollar retirement plan matching contributions up to 5% of earnings;
- Extensive paid time-off, including 8 holidays, 12 days of sick leave, and three weeks of vacation for new full-time employees in their first full year.
Essential Job Functions
- Providing excellent internal and external customer service.
- Cleaning of resident rooms: windows, walls, floors, ceilings, window treatments, pipes or ductwork on a regular basis.
- Deep cleaning of resident rooms upon discharges and upon management’s request.
- Cleaning of all bathrooms: windows, walls, floors, ceilings, window treatments, pipes or ductwork, sinks, toilets, showers, and shower curtains.
- Cleaning of all hallways, offices and common areas: windows, walls, floors, ceilings, window treatments, pipes or ductwork, pictures, bulletin boards, doors, ramps, vending machines, public phones, rugs, electronic equipment, furniture, etc.
- Cleaning of dining room community room, television room, and other common spaces: windows, walls, floors, ceilings, window treatments, pipes or ductwork, pictures, bulletin boards, doors, vending machines, public phones, rugs, electronic equipment, furniture, etc.
- Supports and cleans patient linen and laundry on an established schedule using onsite laundry equipment.
- Regularly emptying trash as necessary.
- Attending all required staff meetings.
- Assisting in special projects as assigned by the SSRC Operations Manager.
- Maintains current and complete COVID‐19 vaccination(s), as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Employee must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of self or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 1+ year cleaning or housekeeping experience preferred.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Experience working in settings with individuals experiencing homelessness is preferred.
WHERE A CANDIDATE IS PLACED IN THE COMPENSATION RANGE DEPENDS ON TOTAL RELEVENT YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- Job Family Property Management
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $18.00
- Max Hiring Rate $20.70
- Denver, CO, USA