Cook, Recuperative Care Center - $1,500 Sign-On Bonus (Prorated Based On Weekly Schedule)
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless seeks a Cook to coordinate all facets of the kitchen and meal preparation in a brand-new facility and program! This position will ensure that all nutritional needs for the residents are met as well as ensure that all Health Department and other external requirements are followed. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a passion for food preparation who wants to make a daily impact supporting some of Denver’s most vulnerable neighbors. This position is located at 2175 California Street, Denver, Colorado 80205 and reports to the Food Services Manager.
In addition to the unique challenges and extraordinary rewards of our work, eligible Coalition employees enjoy a rich benefits package, including:
- Health insurance coverage on the first day of employment: full-time employees contribute only 1% of their earnings for their own health coverage and no more than 4% of their earnings for coverage of eligible dependents. We’re proud to offer same- and opposite-sex domestic partner coverage;
- Dental, vision, and flexible spending/dependent care/public transit accounts;
- Free basic life insurance and long-term disability coverage;
- Dollar-for-dollar retirement plan matching contributions up to 5% of earnings;
- Extensive paid time-off, including 8 holidays, 12 days of sick leave, and three weeks of vacation for new full-time employees in their first full year.
Essential Job Functions
- This is a kitchen position responsible for food preparation, cooking, supporting the menu planning, supporting the food purchasing, and cleaning the kitchen and dining room for the SSRC.
- Plan nutritional meals and snacks – breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Prepare and serve all meals in a respectful manner.
- Seek out and incorporate, to as great as degree as possible, resident input into menu planning.
- Ensure that all meals meet nutritional requirements.
- Shop for and/or order food from local vendors when delegated by Food Services Manager.
- Be aware of and maintain kitchen and dining area as per Dept. of Health and Sanitation; regulations and internal policies and procedures.
- Monitor upkeep and condition of food service equipment and supplies.
- Attend training provided by Departments of Health and Education for food service as required.
- Maintains current and complete COVID‐19 vaccination(s), as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Employee must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of self or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 1+ year Cooking/kitchen experience preferred.
- Current Colorado Serve Safe Certificate needed when program opens.
- Experience working in settings with individuals experiencing homelessness is preferred.
WHERE A CANDIDATE IS PLACED IN THE COMPENSATION RANGE DEPENDS ON TOTAL RELEVENT YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- Job Family Social Services
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $18.00
- Max Hiring Rate $20.70
- Denver, CO, USA