Vice President of Housing Development
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless seeks a Vice President of Housing Development. Under the Direction of the Chief Real Estate Officer (CREO), and as part of the organization’s Real Estate Executive Team, the Vice President of Housing Development provides leadership, visioning, direction, and management of CCH’s Housing/Facility development. This position works closely with the CREO and manages the development team staff to maximize housing opportunities to CCH clients and to meet CCH’s mission and philosophy and service. This is a hands-on position responsible for the day-to-day activity of the housing development department.
The Vice President of Housing Development oversees the acquisition, financing, design and construction (overall development) of CCH housing and facility developments, providing high quality housing options for both clients of CCH programs and eligible low-income renters. This executive position works to ensure that CCH develops housing and facilities that provide quality housing and programs and creates safe communities for people experiencing or at risk of homelessness. This position is located at 2111 Champa St., Denver, CO 80205 and reports to the Chief Real Estate Officer.
In addition to the unique challenges and extraordinary rewards of our work, eligible Coalition employees enjoy a rich benefits package, including:
- Health insurance coverage on the first day of employment: full-time employees contribute only 1% of their earnings for their own health coverage and no more than 4% of their earnings for coverage of eligible dependents. We’re proud to offer same- and opposite-sex domestic partner coverage;
- Dental, vision, and flexible spending/dependent care/public transit accounts;
- Free basic life insurance and long-term disability coverage;
- Dollar-for-dollar retirement plan matching contributions up to 5% of earnings;
- Extensive paid time-off, including 8 holidays, 12 days of sick leave, and three weeks of vacation for new full-time employees in their first full year.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversees Housing Development Department and all housing development projects for CCH; May participate in construction or financing activity related to facilities programs as needed;
- Manages the day-to-day activity of the Housing Development Department;
- Hires, supervises and develops Housing Development Department staff;
- Works with CREO to lead CCH’s overall housing development priorities as member of Real Estate Executive Team, Leadership Team, and Management Team;
- Identifies suitable real estate for construction of new housing or rehabilitation of existing structures;
- Directs architect and general contractor selection process; ensures contract compliance throughout duration of contract; oversees design development, zoning and permitting;
- Obtains financing for the acquisition, construction and ownership of CCH real estate projects including securing and closing loans, equity and soft funding sources;
- Creates operating pro-formas, develops budgets, reviews legal documents and analyzes loan and financing structures including those with Low Income Housing Tax Credits and other government programs;
- Manages real estate closings;
- Supervises progress of construction and/or renovation; assures on-time project completion and compliance with laws, regulations, and contracts;
- Leads transition of completed housing projects to the CCH’s property operations and programs divisions; collaborates with property management staff in maintaining the long-term quality of properties;
- May publicly represent CCH to media, government agencies and industry stakeholders regarding housing development activity and approvals;
- Directs special construction and renovation projects;
- Maintains current and complete COVID-19 vaccination(s), as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Employee must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of self or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience in developing real estate projects from conception through design and construction, preferably affordable housing utilizing Low Income Housing Tax Credits and other government sources;
- Experience managing complex financing and budgets to develop multi-family housing developments;
- Experience working in Colorado’s affordable housing financing community;
- Senior experience in non-affordable housing development or development in other states may be a substitute for affordable housing experience in Colorado;
- Experience managing development staff.
WHERE A CANDIDATE IS PLACED IN THE COMPENSATION RANGE DEPENDS ON TOTAL RELEVENT YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- Job Family Executive
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $122,843.00
- Max Hiring Rate $153,554.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 2111 Champa St, Denver, CO 80205, USA