PRN Primary Care Physician
We are looking for compassionate individuals wanting to make an impact! Join us in building our clinical programs at the new Colorado Coalition for the Homeless Recuperative Care Center as well as across our multifaceted clinical programs including Street Medicine! We look forward to meeting you!
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless seeks a PRN Physician to join a team of clinicians who provide primary health care to individuals and families at clinical sites for the Colorado Coalition for the Homeless. Clinical sites include: The Stout Street Health Center (SSHC), the Stout Street Recuperative Center, the Mobile Clinic, the Street Medicine Program, or satellite clinical sites. This position reports to the Medical Director of Integrated Health Services.
NOTE: In order to ensure that our consumers receive the best possible care the candidate chosen to fill this position will be required to complete our internal credentialing and privileging process prior to a start date. The credentialing and privileging timeline is dependent on the selected candidate's submission of documents necessary for clearance. Please note that a start date will be scheduled once credentialing and privileging is complete.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides direct, high-quality, primary medical care to people experiencing homelessness.
- Breathes the spirit of Motivational Interviewing, Harm Reduction, and Trauma-Informed Care with clients, and provides information and choices in a non-judgmental, respectful manner.
- Takes initiative to determine ways to deliver health care in a more compassionate, expedited, user-friendly manner.
- Maintains a work environment that is marked by respect for others, that values inclusiveness and builds workforce diversity, and that fosters cooperation and teamwork.
- Collaborates and consults effectively and bi-directionally with all CCH staff, identifies and addresses the complex issues which may adversely impact the health of patients, and acts as a collaborative consult with other Integrated Health Staff as needed.
- Maximizes community linkages while acting as an advocate for patients.
- Willing to provide clinical precepting opportunities for providers-in-training.
- Participates in Quality Improvement and Peer Review activities.
- Maintains Continuing Medical Education, license (s), and CCH Credentialing and Privileging requirements at all times.
- Will have or be willing to obtain an X-waiver for opioid use disorder treatment.
- Maintains current and complete COVID‐19 vaccination(s), as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities.
Employee must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of self or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Employee will perform job according to applied laws. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Medical Degree or Doctor of Osteopathy degree from an accredited school of medicine.
- Current licensure or ability to obtain licensure in the State of Colorado as a physician.
- Current DEA licensure and X waiver or ability to acquire X-waiver
- Completion of an accredited Residency Program in the physician’s specialty.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible status in the physician’s specialty.
WHERE A CANDIDATE IS PLACED IN THE COMPENSATION RANGE DEPENDS ON TOTAL RELEVENT YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- Job Family Healthcare
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $198,104.00
- Max Hiring Rate $212,962.00
- Denver, CO, USA