Assistant Teacher- Multiple Positions Available in Brooklyn & Queens
We are currently seeking to fill several full time Assistant Teacher positions for our Brooklyn and Queens Early Childhood Development Centers at the following locations:
- Parkside ECDC - 525 Parkside Ave, Brooklyn NY 1122
- Thomas de De Stefano ECDC - 300 Vernon Ave, Brooklyn NY 11206
- Sunset Park ECDC - 5902 6th Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11220
- Therese Cervini ECDC - 35-33 104th St, Queens, NY 11368
Our Early Childhood Development Centers provide education, health, nutrition, and parent-community involvement services to children from low-income families. Through the Montessori approach, the center ensures children are ready for school by providing a variety of developmentally appropriate activities that promote cognitive, social, emotional and physical development. Our Early Head Start Centers are open to children age 6 weeks old to 3 years old. Additionally, our Head Start Programs are open to children age 3 years old to 5 years old.
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
The Assistant Teacher will assist the Teacher to plan and execute age and developmentally appropriate activities reflecting the Montessori curriculum. Responsibilities include but are not limited to assist the Teacher to maintain the written documentation/reports in order to meet compliance standards of CCNS, ACS, DOH, CACFP, and other overseeing agencies relevant to NYFD; help to facilitate parent involvement in all aspects of the program and promote positive growth and professional development.
- BA or BS degree in Education or 60 credits including 24 credits in Education preferred.
- Minimum of a minimum of 30 college credits required.
- CDA credential or a state-awarded certificate that meets or exceeds the requirements for a CDA credential, are enrolled in a program that will lead to an associate’s degree or baccalaureate degree or, are enrolled in a CDA credential program to be completed within two years of the time of hire.
- 2 years teaching experience in a pre-school classroom preferred
- Montessori trained or must commit to enroll in the Agency’s Montessori training program within the first year of hire and complete the training as required.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, talking, hearing, seeing, stooping, kneeling crawling, crouching.
- Occasional running.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
- We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including:
- Generous time off (Vacation/ Personal Days/ Sick Days/ Paid Holidays annually)
- Retirement Savings with Agency Match
- Life insurance
- Public Loan Forgiveness Qualified Employer
- Training Series and other additional voluntary benefits.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at: www.ccbq.org EOE/AA.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $29,221.53
- Max Hiring Rate $31,845.58
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Some College
- CATHOLIC CHARITIES BROOKLYN AND QUEENS, 191 JORALEMON STREET, BROOKLYN, New York, United States of America