Social Worker Licensed; 4166-610-A
161-10 Jamaica Ave, Queens, NY 11432, USA Req #3115
Thursday, June 2, 2022
For over 117 years, Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens has been providing quality social services to the neighborhoods of Brooklyn and Queens, and currently offers 160-plus programs and services for children, youth, adults, seniors, and those struggling with mental illness.
Our Clinics are community-based which offer a professional and welcoming environment for both clients and staff. The Clinics provide psychotherapeutic and psychopharmacological therapy, as well as individual, group, family therapy, crisis intervention, medication management, case management and collateral sessions. Our staff members follow an approach to health care that emphasizes wellness, recovery, trauma-informed care and physical-behavioral health integration.
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
The Agency has embraced the concept of a fully integrated system of care for all consumers of service. This requires that staff assess the client’s needs holistically and see it as their responsibility to connect the client with services needed both internal and external to the Agency, regardless of the door through which the consumer enters the system.
Under the direction of a designated Clinical Supervisor, the Licensed Social Worker is responsible for direct service to clients in the Agency’s outpatient mental health programs. All services are to be delivered in a professional and ethical manner, consistent with best practice tenets. The Licensed Social Worker will function as part of a treatment team, maintains mandated levels of service, participates in Agency meetings as required and fully comply with Agency policies and procedures.
The Licensed Social Worker will perform initial interview, crisis intervention, and ongoing therapy with individuals, groups and families. The Licensed Social Worker will adhere to all standards of contract compliance, audit readiness, Agency policies and procedures, and all other regulatory requirements. The Licensed Social Worker will work as a member of a team to help insure the overall integrity and welfare of the Agency.
* Meet Agency requirements for qualitative and quantitative contacts with clients. Includes conducting intake interviews, rendering diagnoses in accordance with DSM criteria, providing crisis intervention, providing psychotherapy in various treatment modalities, conducting telephone referrals, providing advocacy, case management and referrals.
* Ensure that referrals are made to appropriate internal and external services as required to meet the needs of the consumer and their families.
* Provide direct service: Will maintain a caseload of at least 50 clients with the expectation of delivering a minimum of 44 face-to-face sessions a week. Conduct individual, family, marital and group therapy as dictated by the client’s clinical needs.
* Participate in in-service trainings and attend relevant workshops/conferences at the request of or with the permission the Clinical Supervisor and/or Clinical Manager.
* Master’s Degree in Social Work from a nationally accredited institution.
* Valid NYS LMSW required.
* NYS LCSW license preferred.
* Obtain NPI (LCSW) and Medicare Provider (LCSW) number.
* Bilingual Spanish/English; Russian/English; Creole/English; Chinese/English; Korean/English speaking preferred.
* Frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds.
* Able to travel to multiple locations within the five boroughs as needed.
We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including:
* Generous time off (Vacation/ Personal Days/ Sick Days/ Paid Holidays annually)
* Retirement Savings with Agency Match
* Flexible Spending Account
* Life insurance
* Public Loan Forgiveness Qualified Employer
* Training Series and other additional voluntary benefits.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at:
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $75,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $84,000.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- 161-10 Jamaica Ave, Queens, NY 11432, USA