Recovery Wellness Nurse; 4170-602-N
1623 Flatbush Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11210, USA Req #2461
Wednesday, June 1, 2022
For over 117 years, Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens has been providing quality social services to the neighborhoods of Brooklyn and Queens, and currently offers 160-plus programs and services for children, youth, adults, seniors, and those struggling with mental illness.
Our Clinics are community-based which offer a professional and welcoming environment for both clients and staff. The Clinics provide psychotherapeutic and psychopharmacological therapy, as well as individual, group, family therapy, crisis intervention, medication management, case management and collateral sessions. Our staff members follow an approach to health care that emphasizes wellness, recovery, trauma-informed care and physical-behavioral health integration.
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
The Recovery Wellness Nurse works as an integral member of the Integrated Health and Wellness team providing services to clients who are receiving behavioral health services within our program. The Recovery Wellness Nurse is responsible for providing a range of wellness services to meet the behavioral health and care issues affecting those receiving services within Integrated Health and Wellness.
The Recovery Wellness Nurse will be responsible for developing and implementing practices and protocols specific to the behavioral health population. Clients in crisis or with behavioral health or medical needs or (such as hoarding, depression, anxiety, and substance use, chronic medical or psychiatric hospitalizations) will be reached out to, engaged and treated by the Recovery Wellness Nurse. The Recovery Wellness Nurse will develop an individualized plan to address needs and include family, significant others and healthcare providers whenever possible. The primary goal of the Recovery Wellness Nurse is to support clients to achieve goals that combine mental health, addiction treatment and physical health services. The Recovery Wellness Nurse is part of the Integrated Health and Wellness team and assists team members and staff in understanding the needs of clients and help improve their quality of life.
* Lead workshops for clients on issues related to recovery, wellness, diabetes, blood pressure, health monitoring.
* Provide counseling, therapy, health monitoring, and injection administration as needed.
* Establish and maintain contacts with families and health facilities when clients are in hospitals and rehab facilities and help formulate aftercare plans.
* Contact and follow-up with service providers put in place for clients such as outpatient behavioral health, substance use treatment and healthcare providers.
* Offer time-limited groups as appropriate on such issues (e.g. loss and depression, living with illness, substance use, family/ relationship maintenance, health monitoring, nutrition-based groups.)
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required.
* Master’s in Health Care Administration preferred
* New York State Registered Nurse License and Current Registration
* Current CPR (BLS), First Aid
* Must have 3 years of experience working with psychiatric or addiction treatment services.
* Capacity to learn/trained on utilizing electronic health records, previous experience preferred
* Demonstrated experience working with family/communities developing social, educational, and health related programs.
* The position requires a combination of skills in the areas of crisis intervention, time management, psychosocial rehabilitation skills
* Cross-cultural competency, outreach, interviewing, listening, advocating, linking, negotiating, engagement, monitoring and clinical assessment skills are essential.
* Free from present litigation that could result in loss of licensure.
* Ability to work flexible hours (evenings/weekends) as assigned.
* Ability to lift up to 30lbs.
* Bilingual Spanish/English; Russian/English; Creole/English; Chinese/English; Korean/English speaking preferred.
* Able to travel to multiple locations within the five boroughs as needed.
We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including:
* Generous time off (Vacation/ Personal Days/ Sick Days/ Paid Holidays annually)
* Retirement Savings with Agency Match
* Flexible Spending Account
* Life insurance
* Public Loan Forgiveness Qualified Employer
* Training Series and other additional voluntary benefits.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at:
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $85,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $95,200.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 1623 Flatbush Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11210, USA