Production Manager - Hall Operations
Carnegie Hall seeks a hands-on and team-orientated Production Manager to join the Production Department. Hall Operations manages a broad range of concerts and unique events across three performance venues and ancillary spaces, and occasional Citywide concerts in all five boroughs, throughout the concert season.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Organize and manage every aspect of their assigned events from the advance planning stages through the end of the event, including staging, sound specifications, lighting and video projection needs, any associated audio recordings or video captures, and production schedules.
- Field inquiries from Booking Office to evaluate the technical elements associated with proposed events. Prepare and distribute labor estimates in a unified format and evaluate recording requests as it relates to the live event.
- Conduct venue site visits, artist/client meetings, and conference calls.
- Advise producers on cost-effective production options. Determine budget details and labor needs for assigned events.
- Collaborate with production management, artistic management, house management, and stage crew to address scheduling, staffing, and equipment concerns.
- Produce and distribute production schedules, tech sheets, input lists, stage plots, and supporting documentation for assigned events, and present scope of work to stage crew. Communicate changes before and during events.
- Secure internal and external resources for concerts. Order rental equipment from vendors and schedule those deliveries for assigned events as needed.
- Supervise activities on the day of the event from load-in through load-out, to ensure that Local 1 IATSE house rules and contracts are complied with and that activities will meet schedule and cost parameters.
- Input all stage notes and schedule information for reports into the Artifax scheduling system.
- Uphold health & safety protocols, including COVID-19 compliance.
- Ensure Company standards, policies, and procedures are maintained.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree or equivalent professional experience required.
- Extensive Production Management and Stage Management experience in multi-venue complex, working with world-class artists, producers, and union staff required.
- Knowledge of diverse music genres.
- Maintaining a thorough working knowledge of staging, audio, video, and lighting.
- Professionalism, and a positive, collaborative attitude when working with artists/clients and co-workers.
- A flexible team player, who works well in a face-paced environment and handles last-minute changes frequently.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time-sensitive details associated with multiple events simultaneously in a calm, efficient manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft 365, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Sharepoint, and Teams, as well as Zoom and Adobe Acrobat. Vectorworks also preferred.
- Knowledge of fire and public safety regulations.
- Work a flexible schedule, including late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Carnegie Hall is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Decisions concerning employment are made on the basis of an individual’s qualifications to contribute to meeting Carnegie Hall’s needs, and Carnegie Hall is committed not to discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex (including gender identity, gender expression or status of being transgender), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, status as a caregiver, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses or stalking, criminal convictions (except where otherwise permitted by law), arrest record, credit history, pregnancy, age, mental or physical disability, veteran or military status, reproductive health decisions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Carnegie Hall, 881 7th Avenue, New York, New York, United States of America