Property Manager - Sandusky Mall
Sandusky Mall is currently seeking to hire a Property Manager who is the primary liaison between the company and tenants and is responsible for all physical issues concerning the property. The Property Manager is often the “face” of the company - expected to represent the Company with unsurpassed professionalism and integrity. The Property Manager is expected to demonstrate the Company’s Core Values and Beliefs in all dealings with others. An effective Property Manager is project-oriented, has friendly, “firm-but-fair” tenant relationships, is exceptionally organized and able to manage multiple tasks, has a working understanding of the financial aspects of commercial real estate, construction, landscaping, and property maintenance, has an eye for detail, is an effective negotiator, and has the ability to make things happen with relentless follow-up.
This position is responsible for the management of the Sandusky Mall. The responsibilities may include, by way of illustration but not limited to, the following:
- Management of third-party vendor and supplier contracts necessary to maintain the property in a first-class manner. This includes, but is not limited to vetting new vendors, obtaining and negotiating bids, and maintenance/repair project oversight.
- Identification, prioritization, and submission to management of all capital and general repair projects and equipment purchases.
- Document tenant noncompliance and enforce tenant lease obligations.
- Work closely with the corporate team, monitoring and reporting of all tenant build-out projects.
- Present to management and maintain an annual expense budget, develop a 5-year capital expense projection, and ensure ongoing expenditures are within budget parameters.
- Act as the primary liaison with local tenant representatives, maintaining first-name basis familiarity with the majority of tenants’ onsite managers.
- Identify inefficiencies in facility management processes and procedures and implement corrective measures.
- Approval of all facility management related expenses, making certain that all expenditures are properly categorized to the appropriate general ledger account. Ensuring vacancies are maintained in a condition to conduct prospective tenant tours.
- Submit to company leasing directors prospective tenant leads and coordinate access to vacancies with company leasing directors.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Combination of equivalent education and experience necessary to effectively perform the above responsibilities. An undergraduate degree in business administration, construction management, architecture, engineering, or a related field is strongly preferred.
- Have the capacity to adapt to change with confidence.
- Minimum of 5 years of property management experience preferred.
- Self-directed and motivated individual comfortable working in a collaborative environment.
- Confidence in decision making in high pressure situations.
- Strong analytical skills and an understanding of the financial mechanics of commercial real estate.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all levels of management, staff, business representatives, vendors, and especially tenants.
- Proficiency in Outlook, Excel, and Word. Understanding of typical “Job Cost” systems is also important
- Willingness to address and respond to property management matters during nontraditional hours.
- Must take a hands-on approach to managing properties
- Must be capable of simultaneously managing and delivering multiple projects within budget and on schedule.
- Competitive Health Care Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Plan
- 401K & Roth 401K
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Pay Type Salary
- 4314 Milan Rd, Sandusky, OH 44870, USA