Accounts Receivable Director
When you join the Cafaro Company you become part of the Cafaro Team and Family. You will work alongside team members to achieve ambitious and exciting goals every day. The Accounts Receivable Director is the senior leader responsible for the complete, accurate, and timely collections of all revenue from the various lease documents of the Company. The Accounts Receivable Director is one of eighteen Cafaro Company Department Heads who make up the senior leadership team that provide topline support to the entire organization.
- Foster strong business partnerships with key departments in the organization (Leasing, Legal, Accounting, etc.)
- Ensuring the timely collection of payments from tenants.
- Sets regular weekly and monthly deadlines for escalated collection recommendations.
- Track and report tenant disputes to appropriate departments.
- Assist and provide direction to collection team including coaching and training.
- Work closely with the accounting team on related receivable accounting tasks.
- Generate write offs within approved policy.
- Lead monthly Collection Committee meetings with members of the legal and leasing departments.
- Initiate requests for tenant reimbursements including but not limiting to security deposits and over payments.
- Approve account adjustments within established guidelines.
- Review delinquency reports for accuracy.
- Oversee all aspects of cash receipt and application procedures.
- Handle problem collection accounts and initiate default or closing procedures when necessary.
- Sign affidavits and give court testimony as required for collection lawsuits.
- Review finance charge maintenance systems.
- Maintain department documents within our document management system.
- Handle residential tenant collection and co-ordination of delinquency reporting.
- Responsible for all personnel matters including but not limited to PTO approvals, annual performance reviews, and recommendations to HR for any personnel changes.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 5 years credit and collections experience
- Ability to lead a team
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Ability to comprehend, interpret and apply complex lease provisions
- Basic understanding of accounting principles.
- Knowledge of JD Edwards a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for correspondence with both internal and external parties.
- Competitive Health Care Plan w/low deductibles
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Plan including gym reimbursement
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Safe Harbor 401k
- Pay Type Salary
- 5577 Youngstown Warren Rd, Niles, OH 44446, USA