As a member of the Leasing team, the Leasing Director plays an important role in the implementation of the Company's development strategy reporting directly to the Senior Vice President of Leasing and Legal. This role will lead Company teams responsible to direct, coordinate, and oversee activities associated with the redevelopment of existing assets with specific forms on replacing vacant anchor stores and asset intensification and the development of new projects. These activities may include determining feasibility, underwriting, negotiating and structuring leases and options, canvassing for tenants and successfully completing the design, construction, and opening of new developments and redevelopments of existing portfolio assets and, possibly, new developments. The Leasing Director will also be responsible to contribute to the leadership and coordination of the Company's development and redevelopment processes.
- Works closely with the other departments within the Company, in strategizing, originating, evaluating, and managing redevelopment of properties within the existing portfolio and new ground up development.
- Responsible for managing the pre-development process from initial identification and evaluation, through investment approval, entitlements, and pre-leasing. Participate in multi-disciplinary Company teams including Construction, Leasing, Property Management, and Financial Analysis, to manage the full cycle development process through lease up, design, construction, and project completion.
- Prepares analysis for new developments, redevelopment and tenant specific opportunities. Guides and oversee preparation of project proposals, proformas, budgets, feasibility analyses, including determination of time and funding requirements.
- Identifies and analyzes development and zoning regulations related to new projects and redevelopment of existing properties. Coordinates with internal legal teams for the analysis and interpretation of REA's, Leases and related controlling documents.
- Obtains project entitlements and third party approvals.
- Working with Construction, monitors and maintains schedules and budgets for projects assigned and oversees the execution of approved development projects.
- Develops and maintains a broad range of industry relationships with potential tenants, anchor stores, consultants, and governmental agencies.
- Proactively seek new tenants by cold calling, warm calling, in person canvassing, and other marketing initiatives
- A natural leader and team player, with a cultural fit and a style to operate effectively within a fast-paced environment.
- Strong relationship development and interpersonal skills with an ability to appropriately-influence and inspire others, successfully manage conflict, and interact effectively with all internal and external stakeholders including joint-venture partners, tenants, architects, engineers, and other third parties, finance and marketing professionals, contractors, as well as personnel and executives within the Company.
- Strong negotiating and deal structuring skills.
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and project leadership skills.
- Ability to understand site and lease plan drawings.
- Ability to understand financial reports.
- Ability to use computer software/hardware to prepare and present financial, economic and other data for project proformas and other analytical reports.
- Must be willing to travel as required.
- BA or BS Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Architecture or related field preferred.
- MBA, JD or other relevant advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years experience
- Competitive Health Care Plan with low deductibles
- Life & LTD Insurance (employer paid)
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Plan including gym reimbursement
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Safe Harbor 401k
- Promotion from within
- Pay Type Salary
- 5577 Youngstown Warren Rd, Niles, OH 44446, USA