Information Systems Security Engineer
San Diego, CA, USA Req #4691
Wednesday, December 7, 2022
Vista Defense Technologies is seeking an Information Systems Security Engineer:
This position is a full-time, on-site with occasional telework, 40-hour/week contract position supporting the Virtual Medical Center program co-located at Navy Medical Center San Diego (NMCSD), CA. The successful applicant will work as part of a team to provide ongoing program support to the Virtual Medical Center and its mission to provide telehealth support across the Defense Health Agency (DHA).
- Provide Cybersecurity, Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) support services for the Phillips eCare Manager system for the Virtual Medical Center (VMC).
- Support Defense Health Program (DHP) Operation and Maintenance (O&M), Research Development Test and Evaluation (RDTE) and other programs, for the Phillips eCare Manager system for the Virtual Medical Center (VMC).
- Provide advisement and guidance to VMC leadership on Cyber and RMF strategy and approach leading to authorization of the for the Phillips eCare Manager system for the Virtual Medical Center (VMC)
- Provide Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) services and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to achieve:
- RMF Step 1: System Categorization
- RMF Step 2: Security Control Selection
- RMF Step 3: Security Control Implementation and Testing
- RMF Step 4: Security Control Assessment
- RMF Step 5: System Authorization
- RMF Step 6: Security Control Monitoring
- Identify design, schedule and security risks; mitigating strategies; and alternative courses of action to accelerate system Authority to Operate (ATO).
- Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure RMF documentation and artifacts are developed, uploaded into the authoritative toolset and submitted as part of the RMF package.
- Meet weekly with the ISSM to discuss status and outstanding issues.
- Integrate Navy Qualified Validator (NQV) and Security Control Assessor Liaison (SCAL) advisement and support throughout the RMF process.
- Provide other cybersecurity and ISSM support services, as needed and allowed.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and possess an active Secret clearance or higher
- Must possess Baseline Certification IAW DoD 8570.01-M requirements for IAT Level III such as CISSP, CASP, CCNP Security, CISA, etc.
- Military Health System (MHS), DHA or Department of Navy IT experience is preferred.
- Pay Type Salary
- San Diego, CA, USA