Vista Defense is searching for a qualified candidate to fill the role of Program Manager responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of the Army Food Management System program at Ft. Lee, VA. The Army Food Management Information System (AFMIS) provides automated support to control the management and operation of the Army’s food service program. AFMIS provides the users with the capability to order, receipt, inventory, and invoice Class I supplies to include field rations. AFMIS supports the operation of Dining Facilities for Menu Planning, Production and Recipe Management, Automated Head Count, and cash collection.
Desired qualifications include:
- BS degree. Advanced degree is desirable in Management, Business Administration, Computer Science, Systems Engineering or other Engineering discipline with 10 Years of experience working on computer systems engineering and/or software development and experience as Program Manager of contracts for major Army Management Information Systems.
- Capable of planning, coordinating, and directing the activities of administrative, program control, and technical personnel involved in providing services in fulfillment of the contract.
- Possess thorough understanding and experience in the complete life-cycle of the software in military systems.
- Knowledge and experience with Department of Defense (DOD)/Army plans, policies, standards, and methods aimed at the acquisition and support of software and computer resources for Army systems.
- Capable of managing and controlling schedules and cost to provide on time, within budget, performance of all aspects of the contractual effort utilizing tools provided by the government, to include but not limited to Microsoft Office Products.
- Capable of providing direction for operations and ensuring compliance with all management policies, plans, and procedures.
- Provide recommendations for resolution of technical and security problems.
- Army Acquisition Corps Level 2 certification in logistics, program management or information technology is highly desired OR recognized industry equivalent professional certification.
- Knowledge in Agile methodology in software development, utilizing Kanban and/or Scrum is high desired.
- Must always be a role model to subordinate employees, be a workforce motivator, and be a provider of constructive criticism.
- Pay Type Salary
- Fort Lee, VA, USA