HIPAA Compliance Administrator
Falls Church, VA, USA Req #4826
Monday, January 30, 2023
STS Systems Support (SSS) is seeking a HIPAA Compliance Administrator to provide the following duties: Perform HIPAA Compliance (privacy and security) support services to the AFMS, AF/SG, and AFMRA/SG3S
- Provide HIPAA privacy and security support services to the AFMRA/SG3S, AF/SG and AF/SG Directorates in the NCR that are assigned to the Office of the Surgeon General. Provide subject matter expertise to AFMRA leadership in establishing and implementing goals and objectives as they relate to HIPAA compliance.
- Establish and recognize best practices relative to the management of the privacy and security of health information. Initiate, facilitate and promote activities to foster information privacy and security awareness within the AFMS.
- Provide complaint resolution support to the Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Civil Rights, DHA, AFMRA and/or appropriate legal counsel to resolve alleged Privacy Act breaches, HIPAA violations and complaints, and congressional inquiries received by AFMRA and AF/SG Directorate entities. Serve as a consultant and provide guidance to ensure efficient and thorough fact-finding inquiries, documentation, and recommend mitigation and sanction.
- Provide support through research, investigation and coordination with involved parties in order to assist in evaluating options and recommending appropriate administration of sanctions for failure to comply with HIPAA privacy and security policies.
- Act as a liaison between involved external stakeholders and AFMRA/SG3S to examine, resolve, and mitigate breaches, complaints, and inquiries received.
- On an as needed basis, assist AFMRA/SG3S with maintaining updated mechanisms, to receive, document, track, investigate, and take action on all complaints concerning the organization’s privacy and security policies and procedures, in conjunction with existing business practices and processes.
- Assist involved AFMRA and AF/SG Directorate entities with breach notification requirements.
- Coordinate with the DHA HIPAA Privacy Office to assist with any HIPAA reporting requirements mandated from DoD, where notifications, potential, or actual breaches of information that involve AF/SG, AFMRA and DHA entities, or other high visibility issues due to the Privacy Act requirement. All coordination must include the AFMRA/SG3S office.
- Review and provide recommendations and/or adjustments for research proposals, as needed. This may include providing consultative assistance to AF/SG and/or AFMRA research point of contacts (POCs) in order to facilitate reviews by legal Consultants, Institutional Review Boards, and Privacy Committees to ensure oversight of research activities.
- Serve as a HIPAA Privacy and Security Policy Consultant to AF/SG, AFMRA, and AF/SG Directorates within the NCR. As a Policy Consultant, track changes in the law and provide consultative expertise on HIPAA compliance for pending policies, new policy development and training documents prior to AFMRA issuance to the field. Monitor advancements in privacy and security practices, identify, and recommend best practices in the management of privacy and security of health information. Contractor shall maintain an index of changes in the law and their subsequent recommendations to training and policy development.
- Where necessary, make recommendations to SG3S for change to existing AFMS HIPAA compliance policies, procedures and instructions. Assist with the review and modification to policies and procedures to ensure accuracy and compliance prior to distribution to the field.
- Maintain proficiency in administrator-level applications of Military Health System (MHS) electronic training platform, Protected Health Information Management Tool (PHIMT), and all HIPAA management applications utilized by the DoD, USAF, and DHA centrally deployed applications and tools.
- Provide subject matter expertise to assist AFMRA/SG2S with implementing, documenting, and maintaining an effective HIPAA training program encompassing initial and annual refresher training for all staff, familiarization training for visiting personnel, and other training programs for HIPAA and Privacy Act compliance.
- Attend various staff meetings and conference calls as required. This includes participating in high-level AFMRA/SG3S staff meetings and teleconferences for the purpose of providing expert advice or staff assistance to decision makers regarding HIPAA compliance, including presenting program options, explaining new laws/requirements, discussing new developments, or developing initiatives to improve program operations and effectiveness as it relates to maintaining HIPAA privacy and security policy compliance. Provide liaison services between AFMRA/SG3S and external stakeholders as needed, in support of the AFMS HIPAA and Privacy Act Compliance program.
- Provide monthly HIPAA Privacy and Security training/briefings at the monthly SG Newcomer’s Orientation.
- Reply to all forms of communications received (phone, emails, etc.) by Close of Business (COB) the following business day the communication was received. Must read, understand, speak, and write English in order to maintain open and professional communication with members of the Government.
- At least 5 years of HIPAA management or administrative experience
- Proficiency in administrator-level applications of Military Health System (MHS) electronic training platform, Protected Health Information Management Tool (PHIMT), and all HIPAA management applications utilized by the DoD, USAF, and DHA centrally deployed applications and tools.
- Subject matter expertise to assist Air Force Medical Readiness Agency (AFMR)/Surgeon General (SG) divisions with implementing, documenting, and maintaining an effective HIPAA training program encompassing initial and annual refresher training for all staff, familiarization training for visiting personnel, and other training programs for HIPAA and Privacy Act compliance.
- Statistics expertise for reporting for all AF/SG and AFMRA staff training.
- Proficiency in developing training modules to support HIPAA privacy and security initiatives; plus maintaining training products such as slides, checklists, and other training to meet the DoD HIPAA Privacy and Security compliance requirements.
- Professional decorum is required.
- Expertise in US federal, Department of the Air Force, AF/SG and AFMRA regulations concerning the confidentiality of patient records, as embodied in US federal statutes including the Privacy Act of 1974 and HIPAA.
Have an active favorable Tier 1 National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) investigative clearance/background investigation.
- Pay Type Salary
This posting is inactive.
- Falls Church, VA, USA