Fort Hood, TX, USA Req #4635
Tuesday, January 24, 2023
STS Systems Support, LLC (SSS) is seeking a GIS Analyst
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform complex analysis on spatial data along with other datasets or tabular databases.
- Meet with customers to define data needs, project requirements, and determine required output.
- Create datasets using scanning/heads-up digitizing, or photo interpretation as needed.
- Use analytical, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Design, create, maintain, and integrate databases by operating and maintaining GIS and other computer programs.
- Produce and prepare GIS related maps.
- Assist DPW staff with engineering-based GIS and spatial analysis projects, problems, and training
- Collect, process, and analyze mapping-grade to precision GPS/GNSS data to include detailed feature class attribution
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Computer based GIS, including terminology, data structures, automated mapping, spatial information processing methods and applications i.e., ESRI ArcPro.
- Office products and related engineering applications i.e., Bently MicroStation V8i.
- Using GIS and other related computer applications, programs, and operating systems.
- Coordinating database management and data analysis.
- Analyzing complex data and technical data as well as reports.
- Applying principles and practices as used in GIS.
- Explaining complicated technical problems in simple non-technical language.
- Problem-solving and technical decision-making for developing effective solutions.
- Verbal and written communication.
- Read and interpret related surveys, plans, records, and documents.
- Produce maps and other representations of spatial data.
- Understand both verbal and written direction.
- Analyze database systems and computerized modeling information.
- Assess and understand user needs.
- Convey complex ideas and concepts verbally and in writing.
- Work with others in a team environment.
- Manage time, perform multiple tasks while organizing diverse activities.
- Perform in a stressful environment while maintaining a professional manner.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with government employees and officials, engineers, contractors, and representatives of outside agencies.
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree minimum; Bachelor’s degree desired in GIS
- Five (5) years of GIS experience
- Experience with Spatial Data Engine (SDE) multi-user geodatabases
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license and be able to pass a background check, NACI.
- Must have experience working with GPS and the implementation of that data into ArcGIS Pro.
- Must have experience using computer systems, plotters, printers, networking equipment and GPS.
- Pay Type Salary
- Fort Hood, TX, USA