Sr. Tactics Development (WEP/TAC) (ACD Operator/IR-/DCC)
Maxwell AFB, Montgomery, AL, USA Req #4362
Wednesday, August 17, 2022
STS Systems Support, LLC. (SSS) is seeking a Sr. Tactics Development (WEP/TAC) (ACD Operator/IR-/DCC)
- DoDD 8570.01‐M/8140.01 I AT Level III CND
- Active TS/SCI
- Extensive knowledge in programming (Python, PowerShell).
- Intermediate knowledge with one or more of the IDS/IPS systems currently in use by the Department of Defense (DoD), Services, and Agencies (i.e., Air Force, Navy, Army, DC3, DISA) or Federal Government
- Intermediate experience in the following areas: Extensive knowledge of network firewalls, computer and server log analysis, computer network servers (DNS, proxy, e‐mail, domain controller, file server, Active Directory) and analysis of their logs
- Extensive knowledge and experience with network packet capture and analysis software such as WireShark (Ethereal) and Snort
- Experience with standard DoD network topology and DMZ boundary protection
- Experience with system analysis software (i.e., EnCase/EnCase Enterprise or FTK), software coding and debugging, and the virtual machine (VM) environment.
- Extensive knowledge of MITRE ATT&CK framework, and its uses within the cybersecurity community (e.g., Open Source projects)
- Ensure all Tactics Development contractor employees are qualified instructors, certified for performing the MR functions.
- Ensure all contractor employees are certified and proficient; working their respective crew position (MR/SMQ) as defined by the current Squadron Director of Operations – Training OI 36‐2201.
- Develop and document new Tactic Improvement Proposals (TIPs), and Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) for DCO operations. (A008)
- Write, update, and maintain various tactics related courseware, handouts, publications, briefings and guides.
- Analyze ACD weapons systems to identify operational deficiencies.
- Assist in planning and executing the Weapons and Tactics Conference and Tactics.
- Support the integration of new equipment into daily operations and exercises by creating new TTPs for DCO functions.
- Update Air Force Tactics Techniques and Procedures (AFTTP) 3‐1/3 series publications for ACD and DCO‐related weapons systems as needed. (CDRL A008)
- Create and develop Concept of Operations and Concept or Employment for material solutions or identified operational requirements.
- Identify and recognizing weaknesses in TTPs and equipment. (A001)
- Document all new TIPs/TTPs on the appropriate weapons and tactics forms. (CDRL A008)
- Analyze Tactics Improvement Proposals and recommend command‐level actions/solutions and coordinating staff actions to achieve stated solutions.
- Develop, lead, narrate and provide presentations, briefs, and debriefs. (CDRL A003)
- Support the identification of deficiencies in training, equipment, support or tactics which preclude optimum mission accomplishment.
- Document deficiencies via approved reporting procedures and tracked by the COR in the AFCERT database. (CDRL A006)
- Maintain the unit’s tactics library.
- Ensure appropriate tactics related study materials are available for unit personnel.
- Participate in Operations Review Panels/Boards (ORP/ORB) to aid in root cause analysis.
- Operate a Range Scheduling Program with a basic understanding of DoD/U.S. Cyber Ranges/requirements supporting Cyber Weapon Systems.
- Provide meeting minutes within 2 duty days of the ORP/ORB conclusion. (CDRL A008)
- Provide OJT to other contractor employees, military, and/or civilian personnel, and ensure continuity folders/working aids are updated at least once per quarter in order to ensure efficient transition when personnel rotate.
- Create and document metrics for reporting and analysis to improve weapon system processes and mission execution. (CDRL A009)
- Maintain currency on latest TTPs, trends and provide operational reports/assessments for development of tactics, techniques, and procedures. (CDRL A002)
- Support and/or augment WEP/TAC conference(s) & exercise support TDY with five (5) day notice. Weapons and Tactics personnel will travel to support the WEP/TAC conferences and exercise support actions.
- Pay Type Salary
This posting is inactive.
- Maxwell AFB, Montgomery, AL, USA