Small Engine Tech/Boat Operator
SGS is currently searching for a Small Engine Tech/Boat Operator to maintain compliance and insure operational readiness, each Guardian Angel Rescue Squadrons (RQS) unit must have highly qualified and experienced DIVE LOCKER personnel with extensive and practical knowledge of:
• US Navy Maintenance and Material Management (3M) system;
• maintenance and repair of assigned boats and outboard motors; and
• working knowledge of general diving/maritime operations training procedures IAW with
US Navy/MAJCOM standards. Maritime operations will be a primary responsibility. The contractor will demonstrate experience and qualifications (if required by command standards) in the following:
• Soft Duck,
• T-Duck and
• Hard Duck along with package deployment and recovery procedures, parachute and swimmer recovery.
• Waterborne Zodiac Hard duck package pallet recovery and towing
• Small craft, Zodiac and outboard engine maintenance as outlined in the US Navy 3M
• Included is experience in the maintenance and use of HP air compressors and
• use of ANU approved underwater tools
• Small Craft operation,
• Navigation and Rules of the Road,
• Seamanship, and
• Maritime Communications course. Additional activities:
• Maintaining the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) and hazardous material program
• Provide boat party support during RAMZ maritime training operations as boat operator and provide boat operator training
• the contractor shall provide squadron liaison between Guardian Angel (GA) Rescue Squadrons (RQS) and RQS operators to ensure command standards are applied to all contracted maritime operations
• Advise and assist with updating the GA RQS Training and Standards/Evaluations Sections in the development of diver training policies, directives, and regulations for review and approval by the ACC OlC of maritime operations
• The contractor shall keep the Functional Area Chief (FAC) and Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR), and others as designated by the FAC, informed of task status and progress by, as a minimum, monthly correspondence or meetings
• Maintain and repair assigned boats,
• outboard engines,
• Advance Rescue Craft (ARC),
• Whalers, and
• Rigged Inflatable Boats (RIBs) in the most economical way possible based on available facilities and extent of repairs required
• Ensure maritime equipment and other watercraft are maintained in a serviceable condition
• Maintenance and repair of marine electrical systems
• Maintenance and repair of marine hydraulic systems
• Deployment and recovery/towing procedures
• When requested, maintain other small engines not supported by base vehicle support
• Perform small boat duties and capable of performing open-water swimming in support of amphibious operations
• Provide support as boat operator in support of maritime training operations and provide boat operator training.
• Three (3) years’ experience and current certification in the maintenance and repairs of marine outboard engines and demonstrate experience and certification in small engine and watercraft operation.
• Three (3) years’ experience and current qualification in Small craft, Zodiac and outboard engine maintenance as outlined in the US Navy 3M systems.
• Three (3) years’ experience knowledge in the maintenance and use of High Pressure air compressors.
• Three (3) years’ experience knowledge in Small Craft operation, Navigation and Rules of the Road, Seamanship, and Maritime Communications course.
• Three (3) years’ experience knowledge of the supply system and material ordering procedures and demonstrated writing ability with sufficient technical background to analyze data from various equipment tests.
• Three (3) years’ experience knowledge in maintaining and repairing unit assigned watercraft, inboard/outboard engines, and associated equipment in the most economical way possible based on available facilities and extent of repairs required. Scheduling and completing routine preventive maintenance and minor repairs as necessary
• Experience and knowledge of preparing and presenting high level briefings, Bullet
Background Papers, and Technical Reports.
Candidates MUST have U.S. citizenship, ability to obtain and maintain Secret Clearance. Certified and experienced in the maintenance and repairs of outboard Marine engines.
- Pay Type Salary
- Patrick Space Force Base, FL 32925, USA