Network Wireless Administrator
Fort Rucker, AL, USA Req #4795
Tuesday, January 17, 2023
GC&E Systems Group seeks a Network Administrator to assist the government to operate and maintain the Information and Infrastructure systems . The candidate for this position will work within our team to support our government Information Technology (IT) program with our Fort Rucker client. As a Network Administrator you will ensure successful operations and maintenance of the Information and Infrastructure systems for Fort Rucker and all remote sites.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTION
- Installing and configuring various Juniper and Cisco Network Routing/Switching devices (OSPF).
- Creating and maintaining various Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs) in support of Layer2
- Plan, prepare, implement, and install, O&M network connectivity to the Fort Rucker ICAN.
- Update and apply Cisco and Juniper Operating System (OS) patches and software enhancements.
- Apply and maintain appropriate Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical
- Install and configure General Dynamics Keying Generator (KG-175D) and KG-175A/G network encryption devices to include updating Communication Security (COMSEC) keys.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair any network issues or problems related to network connectivity to include associated VLAN, Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), or Virtual Protocol Label Switching (VPLS) related problems.
- Attend working groups and architectural design meetings for proposed changes to the network architecture on Fort Rucker.
- Make recommendations and propose change to improve network performance of the network on For
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI)/Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA)/Electronics Industry Alliance (EIA) Building Telecommunications Wiring Standards, National Electrical Code, and IEEE (802.3, 802.5 and 802.11) standards
- Predominantly indoors in normal office environment
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel and reach
- Must be able to speak, write, read, and understand English
- May require frequent computer use for several hours at a time
- Frequently work at fast pace with unscheduled interruptions
- Must have visual acuity
- Must be able to lift up-to 25 pounds
- Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs)
- Installation Campus Area Network (ICAN)
- Non-classified Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNET)
- Secure Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNet)
- Virtual Protocol Label Switching (VPLS)
- Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS)
- Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Experience using NetOps tools such as Juniper, JUNOS Space CISCO Prime, ARUBA wireless controllers, Wireless Access Points (WAPS), Wireless Intrusion Devices (WIDS), TCP/IP, Routing & Switching with Cisco, Juniper.
- Remedy Ticketing
- Preferred 4-5 years’ experience
- Must have CompTIA Security + prior to hire.
- Ability to obtain an Aruba Certified Mobility Associate (wireless), Juniper Networks Internet Associate JNCIA-Junos or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) within three months of hire date.
- SECRET Clearance
GC&E Systems Group, LLC. Offers a competitive benefits package to include: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, LTD & STD, company paid life insurance, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
It is the policy of GC&E Systems Group, LLC. to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by the federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
We affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
We are proud to be an EEO employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and pre-employment drug testing and background checks are required.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Pay Type Salary
- Fort Rucker, AL, USA