Fort Bragg, NC, USA Req #4664
Friday, November 18, 2022
GC&E Systems Group, Inc. seeks a System Administrator to assist the government in being responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems and servers located at Ft. Bragg, NC. As a System Administrator you will be an integral part in ensuring the successful operations and maintenance of the computer systems and server team at Fort Bragg.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTION
- Manage all production, test, and development servers.
- Provide continued support, integration, operation, and maintenance of the current Army approved versions for the following system management products, services, and capabilities on both the unclassified and classified network: Microsoft Windows Server; Windows Active Directory; Metadata Directory Services; Microsoft Cluster Services; Microsoft SQL (Clustered); Microsoft Windows Server Internet Information Services (IIS); Microsoft SharePoint; BMC Remedy/ITSM Action Request System; McAfee Anti-Virus; Veritas NetBackup; Archive Storage Solution, Veeam, VMware vSphere Test and install operating system upgrades and patches in a timely manner consistent with security and change control requirements.
- Work closely with Fort Bragg Active Directory staff to sustain user systems and services (e.g., provide instruction, guidance, and industry best practices).
- Demonstrate and test back-up and restore reliability.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on servers and other related hardware and provide a written evaluation report, upon request of the COR. Upon request by the COR, the Contractor shall modify the report to reflect additional information that may be required or provide additional reports.
- Provide access control to provide proper rights and privileges to approved users for specific applications.
- Assist the Government in understanding the types of service that will provide the best installation support; recommend strategies and services that enable a consistent, repeatable approach need to be defined through the support of information collection that includes trouble tickets, conference calls, request for information, etc.
- Perform system back-ups and restore functions to ensure data availability.
- Identify server requirements and prepare a systems analysis in accordance with Customer’s guidelines.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors.
- Coordinate and validate changes with application owners.
- Predominantly indoors in normal office environment
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel and reach
- Must be able to speak, write, read, and understand English
- May require frequent computer use for several hours at a time
- Frequently work at fast pace with unscheduled interruptions
- Must have visual acuity
- Must be able to lift up-to 25 pounds
- Windows Server 2012 R2/2016/2019
- Active Directory and Domain Controllers
- Office 365
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM)
- Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- NAS/SAN Equipment
- Domain Controller/DHCP/Remote Access Controller Equipment
- System Upgrades and end user instrument configuration
- Preferred 2-4 years’ experience
- SECRET Clearance
- CompTIA Security +
- CompTIA Server +
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Windows Server Hybrid Administrator Associate
- Pay Type Salary
This posting is inactive.
- Fort Bragg, NC, USA