Information Assurance Engineer
Fort Bragg, NC, USA Req #4627
Friday, October 28, 2022
GC&E Systems is seeking an Information Assurance Engineer. The candidate for this position will work within our team to support our government Information Technology (IT) program with our Fort Bragg client. As an Information Assurance Engineer, you will help ensure successful operations and maintenance of the Information and Infrastructure systems for Fort Bragg.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONMS
- Install and configure Win OS, ACAS, McAfee HBSS, and McAfee Antivirus.
- Diagnose and resolve problems and issues associated with IAVM, HBSS, and device patch
- Perform HBSS policy development and management and provide customer support related to HBSS and antivirus issues.
- Perform vulnerability scanning and reporting.
- Perform vulnerability remediation through use of automated tools, e.g., ACAS, etc., and provide
- support related to remediation and patch management issues to customers.
- Provide applications management for the applications and servers throughout their lifecycle to ensure functionality supports service delivery and to speed diagnosis and resolution of technical failures. This supports and maintains operational applications, while supporting the Government’s role of testing and improvement of applications.
- Install and configure other CS management systems as needed.
- Perform CS compliance support for customers as requested.
- Identify potential CS issues to the Government.
- Monitor all applicable service requests IAW C4IM service list for compliance.
- Assist the Government with CS functional support for assessments, authorizations, and documentation of fielded systems managed by the Fort Bragg NEC.
- Provide qualified and cleared personnel to support the Fort Bragg NEC with the RMF processes.
- Utilize the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) to record RMF activities such as control implementation of all applicable Security Controls as identified in information system security categorization IAW National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) SP 800-53 and Committee on National Security Systems (CNSSI) 1253.
- Assist the Government Capability Manager/Information System Owner (ISO) in ensuring that the IS are configured IAW DISA STIGs, and applicable patches and other CS requirements.
- Support the Government in following the DoD CS policy requirements set forth in DoDI
- 8500.01(Cybersecurity) and DoDI 8510.01(Risk Management Framework (RMF), AR 25-2 (Army Cybersecurity), and all associated DA Pamphlets for DoD Information Technology (IT), and their successors.
- Provide support for the independent assessment of compliance of IS with DoD RMF standards using DoDI 8510.01.
- Provide personnel with extensive experience with DoD security hardening, collection, and assessment tools (i.e., STIGs, ACAS Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) and experience with security architectures, and network access.
- Diagnose and resolve problems and issues associated with NAC, firewalls, and device patch
- Perform Juniper and firewall configurations.
- Draft and track policies on the NAC. Provide NAC management for devices. Provide support to
- customers related to network access and individual device policy.
- Draft, track and monitor 802.1x policies.
- Provide support to customers related to network access policies.
- Monitor, perform analysis, and maintain device logs. Report violations and incidents IAW policies and procedures to Regional Cyber Center-Conus (RCC-C).
- Predominantly indoors in normal office environment
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel and reach
- Must be able to speak, write, read, and understand English
- May require frequent computer use for several hours at a time
- Frequently work at fast pace with unscheduled interruptions
- Must have visual acuity
- Must be able to lift up-to 25 pounds
- Host Based Security System (HBSS)
- Network Access Control (NAC)
- Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)
- NetForensics Log Manager
- Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS)
- Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- MS Workstation OS
- McAfee Antivirus
- Remedy Ticketing
- Preferred 6-8 years’ experience
- Must have CompTIA Security + prior to hire.
- Ability to obtain a Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) within six months of hire date.
- SECRET Clearance
- Pay Type Salary
- Fort Bragg, NC, USA