Fort Rucker, AL, USA Req #4087
Wednesday, May 25, 2022
GC&E Systems Group seeks a Network Administrator to assist the government to operate and maintain the Information and Infrastructure systems . The candidate for this position will work within our team to support our government Information Technology (IT) program with our Fort Rucker client. As a Network Administrator you will ensure successful operations and maintenance of the Information and Infrastructure systems for Fort Rucker and all remote sites.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTION
- Installing and configuring various Juniper and Cisco Network Routing/Switching devices (OSPF).
- Creating and maintaining various Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs) in support of Layer2
- Plan, prepare, implement, and install, O&M network connectivity to the Fort Rucker ICAN.
- Update and apply Cisco and Juniper Operating System (OS) patches and software enhancements.
- Apply and maintain appropriate Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical
- Install and configure General Dynamics Keying Generator (KG-175D) and KG-175A/G network encryption devices to include updating Communication Security (COMSEC) keys.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair any network issues or problems related to network connectivity to include associated VLAN, Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), or Virtual Protocol Label Switching (VPLS) related problems.
- Attend working groups and architectural design meetings for proposed changes to the network architecture on Fort Rucker.
- Make recommendations and propose change to improve network performance of the network on For
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI)/Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA)/Electronics Industry Alliance (EIA) Building Telecommunications Wiring Standards, National Electrical Code, and IEEE (802.3, 802.5 and 802.11) standards
- Predominantly indoors in normal office environment
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel and reach
- Must be able to speak, write, read, and understand English
- May require frequent computer use for several hours at a time
- Frequently work at fast pace with unscheduled interruptions
- Must have visual acuity
- Must be able to lift up-to 25 pounds
- Department of Defense information network (DODIN)
- Experience using NetOps tools such as juniper, JUNOS Space CISCO Prime, ARUBA wireless controllers, wireless access points (WAPS), wireless intrusion devices (WIDS), TCP/IP, Routing & Switching with Cisco, Juniper, COOP/DR Planning and Execution, MS Office Suite, TMS, and Remedy.
- SECRET Clearance
- CompTIA Certification (Security+)
- Pay Type Salary
- Fort Rucker, AL, USA