Assistant Maintenance Manager
Solara Surfside located in Surfside, FL is seeking an Assistant Maintenance (Engineering) Manager.
Location: 8801 Collins Ave; Surfside, FL 33154
Compensation: Competitive base salary + 10% bonus eligible
Be part of a team committed to creating lasting vacation memories! #PowerOfVacation
BENEFITS YOU’LL ENJOY:
- 23 Paid Days off per Year!
- 401K Match
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 6 weeks - Paid Parental Leave
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Internal growth and career pathing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Safe and fun work environment
- Employee discounts including childcare, hotels and more
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
You will be responsible for leading the Resort Maintenance (Engineering) and Grounds staff in maintaining the Resort equipment and property.
- Accountable for the safe and efficient maintenance of the Resort through proper supervision and management of the Maintenance (Engineering) service staff.
- Supervises the entire scope of the maintenance department to include salary administration, budget, inventory, guest requests, and resorts comment card scores to be up to standard. Ensure Engineering meets Internal, Quality, and Loss Prevention Audit standards.
- Manage the completion of maintenance on public spaces, back of the house, and grounds.
- Responsible for hiring and onboarding process. Also, counseling and disciplining, ensuring the development, motivation, and managing of associates.
- Conducts both daily and weekly walk-throughs and visually assesses the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structures of the Resort.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 2 + years as an Supervisor or Manager, preferable in timeshare
- CPO, OSHA 30, EPA 608 required or acquire certification(s) within 90 days of employment
- HOTSOS experience preferred
- Preventive maintenance procedures required and certification within 1 year.
- Possess strong budgeting, scheduling, and communication skills
- Self-starter, work independently leads to high accountability, empathy, and fairness.
- VALID and CLEAN Driver's License record
- Able to work all shifts as needs dictate
At Bluegreen Vacations, the health, safety and wellbeing of our associates, owners and guests are a top priority. We promote fresh air and good hygiene, take great care to properly clean and sanitize our facilities, and offer associate benefits such as paid vacation and sick time, and paid time off to get your COVID-19 vaccine. We are all in this together!
Our goal is to improve the quality of work/life by providing equal employment opportunities for all candidates and team members. Bluegreen Vacations Corporation believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a broad candidate pool. We are a drug-free workplace, and if offered employment, candidate must be willing to submit to a background check, safety sensitive and driving positions will require drug screening. EOE/DFW
- Job Family Facilities Refurbishment, Repair & Maintenance
- Job Function Bonus and Merit
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Surfside, FL, USA