Member Experience Specialist - DTC
Thank you for your interest in Bellco Credit Union! We’re a local not-for-profit organization that has been giving back to our members, the communities we serve, and of course, our employees since 1936. Offering one of the best employee benefits packages around, Bellco is a leader in fostering, developing, and engaging staff to become expert financial-service ambassadors. You’re a part of something more at Bellco—a place you can be proud of.
A Member Experience Specialist opens new accounts, analyzes credit bureau reports, and interviews members in person or by telephone to identify financial needs and sales opportunities. Initiates computer-based new account applications; analyzes credit scores and makes routine business decisions; sells financial products and services to members; and answers member inquiries about Bellco products and financial services. When needed, processes a variety of financial transactions in both lobby and drive-up in a timely, accurate, and professional manner.
The Take Home:
- Wages begin at $20.00/hour
- Bilingual employees fluent in Spanish & English earn an extra $1–$1.50/hour
- Position eligible for monthly incentive
- Benefit eligible:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Up to 8% 401(k) employer match
- Education benefits like
- Student Loan Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
- Auto & Mortgage Loan Discounts
- Paid Holidays & Time-Off
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- 6 months cash handling experience required
- 1-year sales or customer service preferred
- Prior financial services experience is preferred
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred
Ideally You Have:
- Demonstrated abilities related to Sales and achievement of Sales Goals,
- Proven ability and willingness to identify needs and sell appropriate products,
- Ability to interact with others in a positive manner, both in person or by phone,
- Ability to enter data and update member financial records accurately and efficiently via computer terminal
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
Most of the day-to-day you’ll work towards:
- Deepening member relationships by cross-selling products and services.
- Contributing to corporate and branch goals and support current business priorities.
- Accessing member accounts to accurately perform the following non-lending service transactions, like:
o Maintain a cash drawer
o Post deposit to accounts
o Process cash advance transactions
o Order member checks
o Issue official checks
o Redeem bonds
o Process loan payments
o Transfer funds between accounts
o Assist with branch balancing, branch operations and ATM balancing
o Process money orders
o Process traveler’s checks
o Process miscellaneous negotiable items
- Opening new accounts and identifying financial product and service needs.
- Referring members to appropriate Bellco personnel for advanced product and service needs (lending).
- Analyzing credit bureau reports to accurately identify member financial needs and sales opportunities.
- Performing profile and account maintenance updates per member requests
This job posting does not contain the full job description, focusing primarily on the highlights. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
What to expect:
· Office environment
· Standing for long periods of time
· May require changes in hours to meet business needs
· Use of: online computer terminal keyboard and visual monitor, calculator, copy machine, fax machine, telephone, printer, ATM, check signer, check-reader, and security alarms
Your candidacy will be evaluated based on your eligibility and qualifications. Thank you for your interest!
“Bellco Credit Union is the one organization passionately committed to improving our members’ quality of life by building their wealth and securing their financial future”
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $20.00
- DTC South Branch, 7275 S Havana Street, Englewood, Colorado, United States of America