Sales and Service Representative - Aurora City Place
Thank you for your interest in Bellco Credit Union! We’re a local not-for-profit organization that has been giving back to our members, the communities we serve, and of course, our employees since 1936. Offering one of the best employee benefits packages around, Bellco is a leader in fostering, developing, and engaging staff to become expert financial-service ambassadors. You’re a part of something more at Bellco—a place you can be proud of.
A Sales and Service Representative opens new accounts, analyzes credit bureau reports; interviews members in person or by telephone to identify financial needs and sales opportunities. Initiates computer-based credit applications; analyzes credit scores and makes routine business decisions; sells financial products and services to members; and answers member inquiries about Bellco products and financial services. When needed, processes a variety of financial transactions in both lobby and drive-up in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
The Take Home:
- Wages begin at $20.00/hour
- Bilingual employees fluent in Spanish & English earn an extra $1–$1.50/hour
- Position eligible for monthly incentives
- Benefit eligible:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Up to 8% 401(k) employer match
- Education benefits like Student Loan Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
- Auto & Mortgage Loan Discounts
- Paid Holidays & Time-Off
Reports to: Branch Manager
Contacts: Credit union members, other credit union departments, credit union officials and appropriate external financial service providers.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required
Experience: 1 year sales or customer service preferred; 6 months cash handling experience; a minimum of 6 months experience with Bellco or in financial services is preferred.
- Loan experience preferred.
- Demonstrated abilities related to Sales and achievement of Sales Goals.
- Bilingual (Spanish) strongly preferred.
- Proven ability and willingness to identify needs and sell appropriate products.
- Previous loan experience desired.
- Ability to interact with others in a positive manner, both in person or by phone.
- Ability to enter data and update member financial records accurately and efficiently via computer terminal.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
Equipment: Online computer terminal keyboard and visual monitor, calculator, copy machine, fax machine, telephone, printer, ATM, check signer, check-filmer, and security alarms
- Demonstrates Bellco’s WOW philosophy in all interactions with members, prospective members and personnel in other Bellco departments.
- Communicates with members in a positive manner both in person and/or by phone.
- Practices Bellco service standards in all interactions with members, prospective members and personnel in other Bellco departments.
- Deepens member relationships by cross-selling products and services.
- Contributes to corporate and branch goals and support current business priorities.
- Understands and communicate key features and benefits of all Bellco products and services including the various types of loan and deposit products.
- Communicates key mortgage product features including LTV, discount points and rate bumps escrows, mortgage insurance, etc.
- Demonstrates remote access financial service devices including Bellco Online, TellerPhone, and automated teller machines.
- Accesses member accounts to accurately perform the following non-lending service transactions, for example:
- Accurately enters and completes transactions including loan applications in Bellco systems.
- Opens new accounts by following the approved new account opening procedure; initiate a credit application; identify financial product and service needs; follow current underwriting guidelines and use credit scoring or traditional underwriting to approve credit applications; refer members to appropriate Bellco personnel for advanced product and service needs.
- Analyzes credit bureau reports to accurately identify member financial needs and sales opportunities.
- Understands and effectively implements all appropriate regulations.
- Accurately enters and completes loan applications into the Bellco LPM system.
- Adhere to current underwriting guidelines and loan closing procedures; accurately complete loan closing documents; disburse loans as required.
- Access member accounts to accurately perform financial service transactions.
- May also be called upon to accurately perform any branch duties.
- Additions or modifications to these requirements may be made as needed to maintain service levels to members.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
- Office environment.
- May require changes in hours to meet business needs.
“Bellco Credit Union is the one organization passionately committed to improving our members’ quality of life by building their wealth and securing their financial future”
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $20.00
- Aurora City Place Branch, 14302 E. Cedar Ave , Aurora, Colorado, United States of America