Associate Director - Business Services
Thank you for your interest in Bellco Credit Union! We’re a local not-for-profit organization that has been giving back to our members, the communities we serve, and of course, our employees since 1936. Offering one of the best employee benefits packages around, Bellco is a leader in fostering, developing, and engaging staff to become expert financial-service ambassadors. You’re a part of something more at Bellco—a place you can be proud of.
Associate Director - Business Services
LOCATION: Corporate DIVISION: SVP-CLO
To proactively lead the Business Services Commercial Underwriting Team in achieving the highest levels of performance through underwriting, annual reviews and overall risk management of the portfolio. This includes a proactive approach to review overall economic data, Borrower, property and collateral/tenant research, and oversight of all problem/workout loans. Success in this position is demonstrated by building a cohesive team of business and commercial personnel, effectively managing the overall flow of a pipeline of business and commercial applications, ensuring regulatory compliance and quality asset creation is achieved and maintained.
Reports to: Vice President Business Services
Supervises: Commercial Loan
Commercial Real Estate Portfolio Analyst
Contacts: Credit union members, other credit union departments, credit union officials, Business Services department members, external financial service providers, CUSO employees, participant Credit Union personnel, examiners.
Education: A bachelor’s degree with emphasis in business or finance, or equivalent work experience.
Experience: Ten (10) to Fifteen (15) years commercial underwriting experience, including complex commercial real estate transactions, Five (5) years commercial workout experience, Fifteen ( ) + years overall banking experience, including client facing roles
Previous experience in managing/supervising in a commercial underwriting environment required
Previous experience in problem loan workout required, including participations purchased and sold
Previous experience in risk management, allowance methodology and portfolio management for commercial loans required
Extensive experience in successfully managing personnel in a variety of lending functions and grade levels.
Experience in leading teams of varying sizes and functions to success.
Previous experience with title, workout and legal documentation strongly preferred
Skills: Capable of maintaining and overseeing accurate and effective quality control, including processes and procedures for complex commercial loans.
Experience with intricate commercial real estate transactions and ability to understand complex entity and collateral structures
Strong risk management of commercial loans, including monitoring of credit quality, including but not limited to: concentration limits (collateral, geography, type, etc.), proactive research and proposals for product changes due to market or economic conditions with understanding of impacts to profitability, reporting and allowance calculations
Ability to lead cross functional teams when designated as project lead for Business Services department.
Capability of managing and training Business Services department personnel.
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in verbal and written form.
Ability to assess various viewpoints, analyze data and provide recommendations that are in the best interest of company policies and member needs
Ability to provide rational guidance and suggestions in difficult and complex situations.
Equipment: Personal computer running the Windows operating system, calculator, copier, facsimile machine, telephone and system printers,
- Managing the day-to-day functionality for a team of underwriters, to meet service level agreements, ensure consistent quality and accurate credit presentations to loan committee, oversight of the application and document collection for new and existing loans and effective communication to the CBOs and Borrower on status and required documentation.
- Review and recommend for approval (or decline) loan files to the Vice President of Business Services, including suggesting ways to structure the loan to mitigate credit risk.
- . Oversight of annual review process, including review of third-party reviews, as applicable, and ensure risk rating reviews are timely, supported and appropriate action plans are in place and documented. This also includes working with department leadership on graded or problem loans.
- Responsible for continual improvement of risk management as it relates to commercial loans, including but not limited to: systematic approach and review to existing loans using appropriate metrics for commercial loans, such as LTV, vacancy, DSCR, and recourse reviews, enhancing existing metrics, covenants, financial review, borrower requirements using local and national industry data to propose updates to procedures and documentation.
- Underwrite and analyze commercial loan files as necessary if workload so dictates to maintain service levels.
- Responsible for operational excellence and regulatory compliance as it relates to commercial loans.
- Responsible for the review of appraisal review reports, and environmenta1 reports and property inspections report to ensure compliance with Bellco standards to ensure consistent compliance with Bellco standards and applicable regulations
- Coordinate/Communicate with the Vice President of Business Services regularly to ensure the pipeline and workflow of loan applications is functioning efficiently and to ensure annual goals are realized while maintaining credit quality, increasing productivity, profitability and ensure staff accountability.
- Provides a valuable and enjoyable experience to both internal customers and members during interactions. Consistently suggests ways to improve the member/customer experience through improved processes and technology.
- Recommend and be able to deliver ongoing training for continued professional development of Business Services staff.
- Maintain list of any underwriting exceptions to be reported to Business Services Vice President monthly.
- Lead inter-departmental projects (CUES/BPT, etc.) as assigned for the Business Services department and serves as department representative on other department’s projects and teams.
- Work with participating Credit Unions to facilitate the supply of all required source documents and executed loan documents during evaluation and after the participation sale, including annual review documents and source documents
- Work with Centennial Lending CUSO personnel on closed loan files serviced by the CUSO.
- Occasional driving to vendor locations or loan closings may be required.
- Perform occasionally property inspections in state and out of state as needed.
- Perform other duties as requested or needed.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Mobility throughout branch office or department.
Occasional stooping, bending and stretching.
Regular use of a PC.
“Bellco Credit Union is the one organization passionately committed to improving our members’ quality of life by building their wealth and securing their financial future”
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $150,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $170,000.00
- Bellco Corporate Offices, 7600 E Orchard Rd, Greenwood Village, Colorado, United States of America