Temporary Desktop Support Specialist
Temporary Desktop Support Specialist - Corporate Office - Boston, MA
General Statement of Duties: The position of Desktop Support Specialist is designated to be responsible for resolving basic Computer hardware I software and related technology issues in the Corporate Office and the company's property locations throughout the organization.
Supervision Received: Reports to the Director of IT
Supervision Exercised: N/A
Essential Functions of the Position:
(Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in positions of this class.)
- General IT and PC support as needed
- Support PC and Meeting technologies deployed technologies
- MS Office training and support for users throughout the company
- Assist Network Administrator with PC support and configuration
- Provide E‐mail and Phone support in response to direct inquiries from site and home office personnel
- Special projects as assigned
- Administration and Support for all Cell phones deployed throughout the company
- Administration and Support for all Tablet devices deployed throughout the company
- Assist in the testing and rollout of new features and functionality
- Train staff members on new features and upgrade enhancements
- Maintain existing and create new End User documentation for Office and Network tools
- Provide support for establishing new entities as properties are acquired or expanded
- Serve on the team of users assigned to set up entities and load pertinent data for new acquisitions.
BS in Business or Computer Science or equivalent knowledge/Experience.
Two to Five years' experience in business operations or application support. Knowledge and proficiency working with Office and PC based applications and modules.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Excellent communication, analytical, facilitation and negotiation skills. Ability to work effectively and comfortably in a fast‐paced environment subject to many directional changes. Ability to manage change and the impact on existing work. Ability to manage multiple project tasks. Quick learner with desire to learn new tools and techniques. Excellent customer focus skills. Effective team player. Ability to work with varying personality styles. Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment. Knowledge of T‐SQL and SSRS a definite plus. Experience with MAC/OS a plus.
Beacon Core Competencies: Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
Beacon Functional Job Competencies: Communication, Computer Skills, Creativity/Innovation, Internet Savvy, Interpersonal Skills, Decision Making/Judgment, Planning.
Travel requirements: May occasionally visit properties and attend offsite meetings/ training seminars. Travel to, and set up of, exhibits at events to promote Beacon or its communities.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, beginning on the first of the month after hire.
- 401(k) with company match, short term disability and long term disability insurance.
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation, 13 paid holidays.
- Summer flex scheduling options to allow for early releases on Friday from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Job Family IT
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Required Education Certification
- 2 Center Plz, Boston, MA 02108, USA