General Statement of Duties: Assists with maintaining the physical condition and appearance of the property according to company operating and safety standards.
Supervision Received: Reports to Maintenance Team Supervisor or Property Manager
Supervision Exercised: No supervisory duties required.
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all duties that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Responsible for general cleaning duties including but not limited to: vacuuming, sweeping and mopping; waxing floors; shampooing carpets; washing walls, windows and sills; dusting and polishing; cleaning upholstery; cleans and disinfects restrooms and trash rooms.
- Assists cleaning staff and maintenance staff as required.
- Performs apartment turnover cleaning as defined by Property Manager which may include cleaning appliances, fixtures, ceramic tile, carpets, etc.
- Monitors and takes inventory of cleaning supplies.
- Assists with snow removal.
- Assists with trash removal and maintaining property’s appearance including picking up litter on property and grounds.
- Special projects as assigned by Maintenance Team Supervisor or Property Manager.
- Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents, communities and associated agencies. Works patiently, professionally and cooperatively with residents and staff.
- Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules and regulations.
- Preserves and respects resident and applicant confidentiality.
Education: High School Diploma, Vocational/Technical School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent experience.
Experience: Six months to one year cleaning/maintenance work experience preferred.
Qualifications and Skills: Must possess neat and orderly work habits. Ability to handle emergency situations and pressure due to time sensitivity.
Physical Capabilities: Candidate must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, climb and work on ladders, work with arms raised over head, stand/walk for long periods of time, climb stairs, bend at waist and knees to lift boxes, appliances, furniture, shovel snow, etc. Ability to operate cleaning equipment competently.
Beacon Core Competencies requiredfor all positions: Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
Cleaner/Maintenance Technician Competencies required:
Job Knowledge, Problem Solving/Analysis, Work Environment Safety, Planning, Interpersonal Skills, Communication.
Beacon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, beginning on the first of the month after hire.
- 401(k) with company match, short term disability and long term disability insurance.
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation, 13 paid holidays.
- Summer flex scheduling options to allow for early releases on Friday from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Job Family Maintenance
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Bridgeport Elderly Apartments, 2400 North Avenue, Bridgeport, Connecticut, United States of America