Senior Resident Services Coordinator
SENIOR RESIDENT SERVICE COORDINATOR
General Statement of Duties: The Senior Resident Service Coordinator (Sr. RSC) is responsible for assessing and ensuring the delivery of appropriate self-help and community support services and programs to residents that meet identified needs and improve resident quality of life. The Sr. RSC is also responsible for the mentoring of new hires and RSC’s and Assistant RSC’s in the assigned region.
• EDUCATOR – The RSC informs residents about service availability, how to apply for services and benefits, understanding consumer rights, and other relevant issues.
• COMMUNITY BUILDER – The RSC recognizes the impact of the social environment and the importance of developing a sense of community to improve on individuals’ health and well-being. The RSC helps build a sense of community among all residents living in the community.
• LIAISON – The RSC acts as a liaison between residents and Management, community-based agencies, and/or regional government entities (Social Security Administration, Dept. of Veteran’s Affairs, etc.); Resident Service Coordinators work with Management staff, eldercare service providers, behavioral/mental health care and medical care professionals to resolve issues together while keeping information confidential.
• SERVICE FACILITATOR – The RSC establishes links to community agencies and service providers, provides basic case management and referral services and monitors the ongoing provision of services from outside agencies.
General Statement of Duties:
1. Program Development/Coordination
2. Resident Referrals and Direct Assistance
3. Resident Compliance Issues
4. Provide Mentoring and Guidance to RSC’s and ARSC’s
Any one position may not include all duties listed herein. Conversely, additional duties may be required that are specific to the individual site.
Essential Functions of the Position:
• Assists with challenging resident issues at properties that do not have RSC onsite.
• Demonstrates ability to identify and assess resident interests, needs and resources.
• Employs use of Beacon Self-Sufficiency Assessment tool (at RAD and New Lease sites) with residents.
• Coordinates programming at assigned community and may assist RSC’s with program planning and coordination at sites in assigned region.
• Tracks resident program participation for all on-site programs and other outcome measurements that show program impact.
• Tracks resident referrals to community programs and services.
• Builds a sense of community by working with the RSC to ensure appropriate programs are offered to residents that will help bridge differences among residents and will help link them to the greater community.
• Addresses business critical functions impacting property’s net operating income (NOI) working directly with Property Manager to address and resolve lease compliance issues such as late rent, housekeeping, security, illegal activity, and unauthorized occupants.
• Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents, community-based agencies, healthcare organizations, hospitals, colleges/universities and associated private/government organizations that support the mission and values of Beacon Communities.
• Processes Reasonable Accommodation requests for residents with disabilities.
• Participates in joint annual apartment inspections with Property Manager and/or Maintenance; follows up on any referrals from inspections such as housekeeping and hoarding issues, presence of unauthorized occupants, smoking in apt. etc.
• Participates in interviews with prospective RSC candidates for positions within assigned region.
• Mentors new RSC’s allowing new hires to “shadow” Sr. RSC at his/her site as well as providing on-site mentoring and training at new hire site.
• Reviews Quarterly Reports and RA Logs of RSC’s in region.
• Attends Matrix meetings/conference calls regarding planning for new acquisition properties.
• Ensures that there is a current “Resident Resource Directory” for communities within assigned region.
• Communicates monthly with Property Management Staff regarding staff and community needs.
• Participates in monthly calls with Connected Living staff to monitor resident program participation.
• Ensures effective working relationships with ARSM, RSC colleagues, Home Office staff and
Property Management team.
• Assists ARSM in making performance evaluation recommendations of those RSC’s in assigned area.
• Attends Property Management/RSC meetings and/or staff meetings as required.
• Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules and regulations.
• Preserves and respects resident and applicant confidentiality.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, beginning on the first of the month after hire.
- 401(k) with company match, short term disability and long term disability insurance.
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation, 13 paid holidays.
- Summer flex scheduling options to allow for early releases on Friday from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Job Family Resident Services
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School
- Boston, MA, USA