Office Manager (Bilingual Preferred)
Office Manager, Georgetowne Homes – Boston, MA
The Office Manager for Georgetowne Homes located in Boston, MA is primarily responsible for providing managerial and administrative support to the property’s management office while utilizing a high level of administrative skills to complete day-to-day tasks, as well as providing a professional level of customer service for the property’s front desk.
Bilingual in English/Spanish, English/Haitian-Creole, or English/Other preferred
Supervision Received: Reports to Property Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Essential Functions of the Position:
(Any one position may not include all the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Provides administrative support in a variety of capacities including copier projects, fax and mail handling, filing, supplies control, processing letters/correspondence, participate in event and meeting planning, report generation, invoice/expense reporting, database management and assisting with specially assigned projects.
- Types and creates general correspondences, memos, reports, charts, tables, graphs, spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations and other duties as assigned.
- Provides front desk (front-line) coverage activities to Include: professional customer service, carefully documenting in-coming calls continuously updating resident contact information in Yardi system, understanding and utilizing resident referral protocol, logging rent payments.
- Works independently and within a team on special and nonrecurring as well as ongoing projects. Acts as special assistant to property manager on assigned projects which may include: planning and coordinating events, disseminating information and organizing materials; ensuring that in office common areas and conference rooms are ready for meetings.
- Compiles files for management for required reporting.
- Controls work order full life cycle (open and close) and communicates with maintenance supervisor to ensure timely and expeditious resolutions of any extenuating circumstances and/or resident issues.
- Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules and regulations.
- Supervises the maintenance of office equipment, including: copier, fax, etc.
Education: Associates degree or at least 2 years of equivalent experience (professional administrative assistant, business administration, communications, administrative support desirable)
Qualifications, Abilities and Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Applications including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word. Fluency jn English and Spanish is highly desirable, Strong interpersonal skills with oral and written communication and business acumen. Must be highly organized and detail oriented. Ability. to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines. Demonstrates strong initiative and high level of professionalism and communicates appropriately with colleagues and residents, Ability to enforce and adhere to company policies, rules and regulations. Fosters positive, active and collaborative relationships at all levels throughout the organization and with associated agencies. Maintains extreme confidentiality of all corporate, personnel and. research matters.
Beacon Core Competencies:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
Beacon Functional Job Competencies:
Office Management, High-Level Administrative Skills, Communication, Quality, Interpersonal Skills, Personal Organization, Productivity Microsoft Office Suite Proficiency, Computer Skills.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, beginning on the first of the month after hire.
- 401(k) with company match, short term disability and long term disability insurance.
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation, 13 paid holidays.
- Summer flex scheduling options to allow for early releases on Friday from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Job Family Site Administration
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Associate Degree
- Boston, MA, USA
- Hyde Park, Boston, MA, USA