Property Management Coordinator (Bilingual Preferred)
Property Management Coordinator, Georgetowne Homes / Region 4 - Boston, MA
The Property Management Coordinator (PMC) for Georgetowne Homes and Region 4 in Boston, MA provides administrative assistance, service and support to the Property Managers, Sr. Property Managers, Assistant Regional Vice President, Regional Vice President, and other property staff. The PMC represents the company professionally to the general public and members of the community. This position requires a valid driver’s license and vehicle as the PMC will work daily at properties within the Region as assigned.
Bilingual in English/Spanish, English/Haitian-Creole, or English/Other preferred
Supervision Received: Reports to Regional Vice President
Supervision Exercised: N/A.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Essential Functions of the Position:
(Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in positions of this class)
The PMC will provide office administrative assistance as follows:
- Greets and assists applicants, residents and guests.
- Prepares, types and files office correspondence including letters, reports, and spreadsheets.
- Writes service orders and maintains service order log.
- Answers telephones in a professional manner; directs calls and records messages.
- Orders office supplies and maintains inventory.
- Opens and closes office.
- Secures confidential files and maintains office equipment.
- Administers rent collection efforts with Property Managers including cash receipts, 14-day notices, legal correspondence, rental assistance outreach, etc.
- Processes third party requests for income certifications/recertifications; completes resident follow-up related to certifications; files certification documents appropriately based on rental program.
- Completes special projects assigned by manager.
- Completes administrative leasing duties: intake and processing of applications, preparing and distributing applicant correspondence, preparing lease packages, creating resident files.
- Conducts new resident orientation.
- Works with Property Managers to submit contract rent increase request to housing authorities for affordable households and lease renewals for market rate households.
- Processes rent changes and posts corresponding lease charges in Yardi.
- Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents, communities and associated agencies.
- Works patiently, professionally and cooperatively with residents and staff.
- Preserves and respects resident and applicant confidentiality.
- Follows company policies, rules and regulations.
- Accepts varying assignments from day to day at properties located throughout the region.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience (business management, operations, communications, and administrative support) preferred.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong computer proficiencies required.
- Intermediate proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Basic proficiency with Yardi desirable.
- Fluent in English.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where priorities change daily.
- Deadline driven.
- Demonstrates strong initiative and high level of professionalism.
- Manual dexterity for filing and competent use of office equipment.
- Ability to climb stairs and walk through the community.
Beacon Core Competencies Required:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility
Beacon Functional Job Competencies required for Administrative Assistant Position:
Job Knowledge, Communication, Computer Skills, Personal Organization Skills, Interpersonal Skills.
Travel Requirements: Must have active driver’s license and vehicle and will work daily at properties within the Region as assigned.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, beginning on the first of the month after hire.
- 401(k) with company match, short term disability and long term disability insurance.
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation, 13 paid holidays.
- Summer flex scheduling options to allow for early releases on Friday from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Job Family Property Management
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Associate Degree
- Boston, MA, USA
- Hyde Park, Boston, MA, USA