Affordable Housing Compliance Manager
AFFORDABLE HOUSING COMPLIANCE MANAGER
(Certified Occupancy Specialist Designation Required)
General Statement of Duties: Provides oversight of the Recertification department ensuring accurate and timely completion of annual, interim and all other certifications. Responsibilities include implementation and ongoing preservation of corporate standards for quality assurance, internal controls, reporting, and audit preparation. Protects Owner’s interests by ensuring compliance with federal and state programs, including but not limited to Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC), Section 8, Public Housing, HUD etc.
Supervision Received: Reports directly to Property Manager.
Supervision Exercised: Recertification Specialist(s) and other positions as assigned.
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents, communities and associated agencies.
- Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules and regulations.
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of Central Compliance processes, procedures and documentation.
- Conduct internal training and testing (individual and group)
- Conducts internal audits and file reviews, including all move-in and annual recertification file review/approval for internal (Beacon-owned/managed) and external (contract) properties.
- Monitor regulatory agreements to ensure compliance
- Develops, oversees and updates internal reporting controls, including monthly compliance matrices, tracking occupancy rules to ensure ongoing program compliance.
- Assists with audit coordination, oversight and response
- Attends compliance-related continuing education seminars
- Special projects, as assigned
- Directly oversees Recertification department and set standards for work performance
- Responsible for hiring, termination and performance appraisals for department
- Ensures all EIV reporting is being completed correctly and maintains EIV binder
- Ensures all files are ready for inspections and audits
- Reports and meets with Management weekly on how department is preforming
- Special projects as assigned by Property Manager or Director of Property Operations
- Works patiently, professionally and cooperatively with residents and staff to provide high quality customer service.
- Preserves and respects resident and applicant confidentiality.
Education and Experience: Associates degree or equivalent is recommended. Certified Occupancy Specialist or similar designation required. At least 3-5 years of related experience required including but not limited to affordable housing compliance, employee management.
Qualifications and Skills: Basic math proficiency required. Knowledge of subsidy regulations. Ability to lead and motivate a team. Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel; highly motivated and able to work independently; ability to handle emergency situations and pressure due to complexity and time-sensitivity; excellent organizational and proofreading skills; attention to detail; strong interpersonal skills; high energy; ability to be an active team member within the Company.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
COS Functional Job Competencies required:
Job Knowledge, Quality, Self Development, Personal Organization, Productivity, Computer Skills.
Beacon Communities is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, ancestry, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, martial or veteran status.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, beginning on the first of the month after hire.
- 401(k) with company match, short term disability and long term disability insurance.
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation, 13 paid holidays.
- Summer flex scheduling options to allow for early releases on Friday from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Job Family Compliance
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Hyde Park, Boston, MA, USA